Author Topic: Skinning a yote  (Read 10616 times)

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: Skinning a yote
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
You guys should look up videos on youtube of how to skin a deer with a golf ball. Would probablly do less fur damage than vise grips.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcxxcB14ndQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcxxcB14ndQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

if this works it might clear things up for you.

Offline jeremybrua

• Seasoned Forum Member
  • i can can do it because i dont know that i cant.
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
even better

Renny

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 01:52:50 AM »
Using the golf ball method.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:32 AM »
nice rig

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »
Those Videos were awesome, I need to make one of those for foxes. that would make the entire process so much easier. Wow is all I can say.

My only concern is, if you shot them, that makes a weak point, so does that mean it would rip there?

Ryan.
District 4

Renny

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »
Any kind of blemish on a hide and your chances of ripping it increase.  Bullet holes, old scars, and bite marks are a few examples.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 06:07:41 AM »
7pointmonster, no need for a machine to skun Fox. They peel easy. I use my machine on Coyote and large Coon or a good Coon day and a long skun'n night.
I made my rig with electric hoist & vice grips(with 2" washers welded inside the jaws, for more grip).

I would like to point out that a boat trailer hoist works just as good as my electric hoist. Only dif is you have to hand crank and possiblely walk over to wall mounted crank. But no biggy, and easier on the pocketbook.
I have used both hoists over the years.
I do like the e-hoist because I have the up/down controls at my skun'n area and no extra steps to walk over to a hand crank mounted on a wall post. But Both hoists work great and peel critters like a bananna (like the above videos).

Renny, golf ball method leaves cord marks on Coon hides (rope burns). Use caution with rope & golf balls, goof ball.  ;D
Vice grips leave marks on flanks, but I haven't experience any down grading.

Renny

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
Ball method for coyotes.....  I don't know if I'll use it for coon unless I've got to do 30 a day.  I've been talking to ~ADC~ on Trapperman and might send for the vice grip setup he makes or make my own.  I built it so I have enough room to attach both systems but not sure how I'm going to do it yet.  When I have everything in my hands I'll figure her out..........

Renny