Author Topic: Is America getting more Paranoid and we don't need to carry a protection gun?  (Read 1549 times)

uncle buck

I suppose the only way to answer that is to think back and say.."My Gun Saved My Life!"

It was 1971....We just found out my wife was pregnant... I decided to do some duck hunting in Corpus Christi, Texas.    To make a long story short...There I was hunting ducks just off of a lagoon in Corpus... I was in the heavy grass...Two Spanish men drove up and looked into my Volkswagen.  They were looking for my keys...It was a bit warm so I left my windows down... I was about 100 yards from the VW...They were going to steal my car... One waited inside the car they drove up in... The other waited for me by my car.. He was leaning up against it....Ah..they thought I was fishing.  DUMB Sheeeeeeeetz.  I was hunting and they didn't know I had a Model 1400 12 gauge semiautomatic shotgun.  I started to walk toward them in the high grass.  the one hombre moved from my vehicle and had this look on his face ......Ah looks like we get a car .....and I drive it over the boarder to Mexico....As I exited the high grass only 40 yards remained between me however what a surprise on the hombre face.. I came out of the bushes with the shotgun pointed right at him... The Brave...ran to the other car and they hauled it... Yep....I could have been laying facedown in the lagoon... My new born daughter to be would be fatherless and my wife a widow.. Surely they would have wanted to buy time to get to the border.  The only way to do that would be to kill me...Yep a gun saved my life that day...Thank God I wasn't fishing!!!!!!

So my answer to my own question is?  you better take a gun with you.  THE RIPPLE EFFECT OF SOMEONE KILLING YOU CAN IMPACT YOUR LOVED ONES BIG TIME..  MY DAUGHTER IS GONG TO BE 39 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR.. I'M ALSO BEEN MARRIED 40 YEARS..  THOSE HOMBRE COULD HAVE HAD NEGATIVE IMPACT TO MANY.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 06:38:23 PM by uncle buck »