Author Topic: Kill light  (Read 7428 times)

Offline Whiteknuckle

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Kill light
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 11:29:59 PM »
Or you can purchase from my website and be buying from a long time supporter of the PPHA and I always give free shipping.

www.boondock-outdoors.com

Not trying to cause waves here, but we really need to start supporting our own.
My websites ordering system will be down for about a week as im leaving for a TX predator hunting trip tomorrow. As soon as i get back on tuesday the ordering page will be back up and ready to accept orders.

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
I can vouch for Jeremiah at Boondock Outdoors.  I think Between my family and friends we bought him out of Kill lights at the Outdoor times show at the blair county convention center. lol Good guy and was real cool with answering our questions even when there were 10 guys asking questions at the same time.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »
You guys are going to beat me but I feel the 250 scares some fox.  I'd go with the 100.

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 12:17:12 AM »
I use two...250 Red Kill Lights one on the rifle scope and one for scanning...I have yet to have a red fox run away... Could be your dropping your light or turning to the side... The red lens is your shield... You have to keep it in front of you. You move to the side or lower to much at an angle.. That can make them run away.  I keep both of my lights on so I'm actually hitting them with 2 each  red  250 kill lights illumination  and they aren't running away.. ??? ??? ???

To make a long story short....as soon as you see eyes... You just keep that red light in front of you and don't start to scan other places for eyes...Now you can shut your scanning light off as soon as you see a fox   but makes sure you stay behind your rifle rest and that 250 light best be on before you shut the other one off.. So now your behind the scope light and you just shoot them...

I have had coyotes come right up to me this year.. Again..you have to keep that light out in front of you.. No scanning to the left or right if the predator is in front of you...All these years I thought the Pa coyote was light shy.. The problem was there was not enough light in front of me... The Red 250 Kill Light fills that void now...

IMO It could be not the Red 250 light scaring them away but hunters  scanning technique once they are in front of you.. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:04:05 AM by uncle buck »

Offline TexasCurt

• Texas Direct Hunting Products
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 03:16:15 PM »
We just got in some extension tubes for the XLR250 that allow you to add a 2nd battery and double your run time. 

http://www.texasdirecthunting.com/servlet/the-195/kill-light-extension-tube/Detail

It only works with the single mode LED's.  Don't try it if you've got a 2- or 3-mode LED because it will blow the circuit.  If you combine this extension tube with the 3000mA batteries you'll have about 6 hours of constant run time!