Author Topic: Whistle pig season  (Read 13641 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Whistle pig season
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:31 AM »
Critterslayer....they haven't made a camera that could take a picture of some of these guys!!! :D...they just don't hold up!!! :P..they go to pieces...some have been know to try and sneak up on a mud puddle to get a look at themselves....but the puddle usually dries up when that happens... :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
i've seen a few of these guys talking about this "king" costume...and you're right...some of'm have some real ugly mugs...especially that lookin4fur guy...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:09:51 AM »
saw my first groundhog today, was sitting in a snowcovered cornfield eating something. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »
I am surprised bob hasn't put up a jib jab pic of a king yet.   ;D
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 12:02:44 PM »

Yep, its about that time.   Ground hog season. Your President Bill Heagy (Muttbuster)

The gun is named BARNEY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:05:52 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »

Barney loves to shoot. 100 yards.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 12:16:27 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »

This one is for Longhair. (EX groundhog king) Leglifter is going to clean your clock this year.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:59 AM »
65 deg today.  this afternoons plans are between taking a nap or huntin chucks.  of course tommarow we will be reminded that it is still winter yet and that lil hog from punxy might get shot once people get hit with the temperature shock tomorrow mornin. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
Checked some holes for activity today. Didn't look like they woke up yet but may have poked their heads out a time or two. Did notice alot of roadkill on the back roads. Squirrels,skunks and yes..........groundhogs aka,"grass rats". :)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »
Say roadkill hog today. There think about summer.

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
There think about summer.

You just had to say it. I just looked outside and the ground is white again. :o 50 - 60 degrees would be just "ducky". ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 07:07:56 PM »
"south hills phil" strikes again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Whatado !!!!
District 6

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Dang!! >:( 8" of that white stuff this morning :P The green grass is once again covered and it was a whoopin 16°.. :(
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline coonreaper

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »
i got one today. big male. i usually don't shoot em now cause of the breeding but it was in my back yard and i had a 17hmr 20gr xtp bullet with its name on it lol. ive seen a few around in cut corn fields  while walking but never got closer'n 150+ and  i was ganna have to just shoot freehand with the bullbarreld 17 lol. i'm a good shot but not that good lol. come summer thats all i do is get them whistlers. i might try to save up bits of their meat for fox bait in a whole but idk if i wanna screw with em that much but its always good when you can utalize the whole kill.

uncle buck

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:25 PM »
I reloaded test batches of 8 each of the Combine Tech 50 grain Silver tips for a Savage 223 Edge and the Savage 24V 223/12.  I have about 120 rounds with 14 different powders.  Once the wind settles down.....Ya right in March!!!!!!!I will go out and see which powder shots best for both guns.. Planning on sighting them on paper with some factory rounds  I have and then start to fire groups of 4 shots for each gun to see which group the best... Going to use the E. Wilson rest too.. No more of that shooting at a club for me...Money I saved by not joining there help pay for some of the rest..Club shooting... some of those guys are sure not safe with the guns on the firing line.. Just can't relax there and shoot my guns in like I want too.  So once the 223's are sighted in I will have to try the them on chucks too....