Author Topic: south central outdoors for youth  (Read 6709 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
south central outdoors for youth
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
This years "SOY" event will be held at Mc Sherrystown fish and game in new oxford on June 4th 2011.  Once again I am looking for volunteers to help me present 10 30min presentations to the youth in that area.  Breakfast and lunch will be provided.  also if anyone in that area has a child they want to bring look for flyers in local area business's.  If you cannot locate one contact me via pm and I will do my best to get you one.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: south central outdoors for youth
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
Talk to me about this this week at the show.  I can probably help you this year.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
bump
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Sorry Ben, I will not be able to help this year due to scheduling conflicts.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 05:02:55 PM »
Bigben
I would help you except the youth field day I do is the same day. Ya know a lot of guys talk about helping youth get into our sport but few step up. Ben is offering a chance for our members to help out. Some of you guys should try it, it is a lot of fun if you set your booth up correctly. Just one of the things we have a calling contest for each group of kids using the lip squeak and give prizes donated from FoxPro and Predator Xtreme. This kids try so hard it is fun just to watch. We try to have as many things going on as possible in the booth to keep the kids interested. So the more help Ben or I have the more things you can do for the kids. Try it you just might like it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:03:27 PM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
This is the same date as the York one at Issac Walton League as well
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 08:30:07 AM »
Jim and Tom monko got me involved with helping out at SOY close to 5 yrs ago.  might have been 6 yrs now.  I helped them for a year and then tom passed the torch on to me the year after.  been doing it ever since.  I went to numerous SOY events when I was young and I see it as a way to give back.  its a long day but I still go home smiling.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
on last bump.