Author Topic: Getting to be the best time of the year to fish  (Read 2813 times)

uncle buck

Getting to be the best time of the year to fish
« on: September 02, 2007, 09:46:32 PM »
I remember duck hunting on the Susquehanna River in Oct/Nov time frame.  Going from point A to point B to set up for ducks we were getting smallmouths left  and right.  We even caught some when one of us left a little Joey Spinner hanging over the side of the Johnboat  with one foot of line out.

Saw in today Patriot News.  Looks like they are catching some nice Channel Cats around Middletown.  Also Pinchot Largemouth Bass and catfish are hitting in the early mornings and at night.

Many times one should break away from hunting for a day or two and do some serious fall fishing.  Maybe it the wind is too strong for calling one should be fishing.

I wonder how Renovo would be for fishing the Susquehanna River  around 26-28 Oct 2007?   LOL  LOL

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:05:12 PM »
It could be good, up steam about 10 miles on those dates, but I am always hunting, so not sure how good it is. But yes, on the river area near were I live. Bass fishing can get pretty darn good in duck season.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »
it gets good no matter where you are... the fish are feeding up on the glut of young of the year... the mullet are starting to school around here and move down the rivers... the fishing is starting to pick up a little better every day... time to get serious about fishing...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 09:58:24 AM »
UB if your up in the renova area your surrounded by some of the best trout streams in the state. ALso not far from there up maybe 30 miles is a great bass stream. OR at kettle creek state park on the lake its good for bass.
PPHA District 3