Author Topic: Fur sale  (Read 3366 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Fur sale
« on: November 02, 2010, 06:22:05 AM »
has anyone cashed in any fur yet?  just wondering how the prices are. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fur sale
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:05:25 AM »
Just received a check from NAFA for a few of last years coon.

Select--$12
slightly damaged--$9

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
when I stopped in at jerrys the other week in the round he was saying 2-4bux for coon if they were big and bought the same for reds.  he is sitting on a lot of reds from the last few years.  I didn't ask him what the going rate for put up fur was.  but he doesnt buy fur until the second weekend in november. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:30 AM »
last season i got 6 bucks for coat coon...10 for xl's...12 for xxl...16 or something like that for xxxl...if they even go up that big...I didn't h ave anything past xl's
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:22 PM »
Ben time to shop around for where to turn your fur in.. Critterslayer selling place might be a good choice just to check out this year... It's in Dauphin County.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:26:43 PM »
I'll probably stick with jerry.  he has been good to me and most of my furs get tanned to give to friends as gifts.  jerry has the cheapest tanning in the area. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »
Your right there on the tanning..He did give me a good deal on tanning that 17 pound fox and coyotes too...

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »
I just read someone posted that male mink and rats were starting at 7-8...fox and yotes at 10-15...and coons 8-10...nothing really too different
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 12:19:49 PM »
Have you guys prices a coyote, red fox or raccoon coat lately. There out of sight.