Author Topic: Super Fox!  (Read 9084 times)

uncle buck

Re: Super Fox!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 01:27:18 AM »
Good for you...You will should be protected now the rest of your life.. Did you go to Harrisburg Hospital ER?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:28:02 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:39:16 AM »
Yeah there is not much left to the skull.  I have handled a lot of Fox over the years and that is the first one that refused to give up the ghost.  I can honestly tell you that you would not have believed it unless you were there.  I re-read my story and If I didn't write it, I probably wouldn't believe all of it.

Since you got the shots DJ, your picking up all the fox from now on. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »
Critterslayer51
Those shots make me CRINGE!! These fox did not get the rep they have for no reason. I can tell you a story about one that can back to life in my car when I use to run a trap line.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »
I went to the hershey er, because its right down the road from where I work and live
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
next time when ya go up to your kill touch the eye.  if he doesnt blink he's dead.  if he blinks watch out.  this is the first thing I do every time I walk to a kill.  dont just nudge it.  if you touch the eye and he doesnt react he is physically dead and wont come back.  just a lil tip from trapping.  good to hear your ok though dj. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »
next time when ya go up to your kill touch the eye.  if he doesnt blink he's dead.  if he blinks watch out.  this is the first thing I do every time I walk to a kill.  dont just nudge it.  if you touch the eye and he doesnt react he is physically dead and wont come back.  just a lil tip from trapping.  good to hear your ok though dj. 

Bull!!!(pal)
They're not considered "dead" in my book, till the rigor sets in

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »
yeah well listen pal.  you an I both now that they r dead when they dont blink.  and you can take tat to the bank.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
OK!!!  :o

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »
Let it be known that SUPER FOX!  was negative for rabies, so it does seem the predator light may have just worked without a filter, on a completely healthy fox...at least that time...i'm not buying one anyways...they're out of my price range...the kill light though, is pretty awesome
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »
I'll sell you the Predator light for 175.00 as soon as I get my new light.  Might be a little while though.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
Let it be known that SUPER FOX!  was negative for rabies, so it does seem the predator light may have just worked without a filter, on a completely healthy fox...at least that time...I'm not buying one anyways...they're out of my price range...the kill light though, is pretty awesome

That's great to here.. I hope you will continue the other shots. See you will be safe for the rest of your life. just something to think about... Especially if your health insurance covers most of the cost..  I know it might be a hazzle to go to the ER every 10 days for the shots.  however you are young and you are probably going to hunt predators with call,  lay leg holds, and maybe even do cable restraints the rest of your life..
Think of this a plus for you that no others can benefit from...I'm protected the rest of my life and it just makes me feel good when I do trap or mess with potential diseasesd rabid animals..

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
yeah i've got one more shot...so going through with it, insurance won't be an issue, i've already paid my deductible this year, so its pretty much free of charge to me...

what new light are you getting? I kinda want to get a kill light...
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 05:21:25 AM »
good to hear that your gonna be alright.  well healthy atleast maybe not alright in the head. 

stay safe this weekend upstate.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »
Just found out it is still being developed so it may be a while.  It is from EWT as is the kill light.  You should buy a kill light, they are great!.  Extra batteries is a must though.  I got the Green LED for the kill light the other day and can't wait to test it for Jeremiah.  I do like the predator light.  It hasn't spooked anything yet with the white LED.  I do not like the soft cap that I bought for the Predator light.  the hat is too pliable and the light wants to hang down.  A Baseball type cap is the ticket, just put something over your ears when its cold.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2010, 09:54:05 AM »
I had heard rumor of that light.  I wasn't sure it was that far along though.

I figured you wouldn't like the beanie.  I tried it out and found the same thing that you had a problem with tim.  the hard hat however is uncomfortable though with the way the bill is.  of course I got a big noggin and a normal person wouldn't prob have a problem with it.  I tried bending the bill a bit to make it more comfortable.  but it doesn't seem to make a difference.