Author Topic: bbq bacon wrapped tenderloins  (Read 12825 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
bbq bacon wrapped tenderloins
« on: July 08, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »
my personal favorite homemade recipe.....gotta try it!!

1 Venison loin (15")
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon ground pepper
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon onion powder
1 Tablespoon parsley or oregano for color
6-7 strips of bacon
baste:
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/4 cup of vidalia onion steak sauce (A1 or thick Worcestershire sauce steak sauce if not avail.)
1/4 cup of sweet red wine

- place all the dry seasonings in a large plate(mix) and roll the loin and rub in seasoning till all meat has been coated.
- using wooden tooth picks broken in half, secure the bacon strips around the loin in a spiral. starting the next piece and ending the last piece with the same tooth pick. i put all the tooth picks on one side of the loin so i can find them easier when serving.
- add all the wet ingredients (soy, steak sauce and wine) in a bowl and mix well
- brush on baste liberaly to one side of loin and place the now coated side down on a med grill temp/setting.
- brush the now uncoated side of loin that is now up
*(one trick that i'm sure most of you know when cooking anykind of venison is to keep the meat as moist as possible throughout cooking, so keep brushing on the wet stuff the entire time, and the baste will keep the bacon from burning too bad)
- turn and baste loin every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes
-20 minutes should about do it...cut one end of the loin about half an inch in from the end and check for doneness..i like it still bleeding a bit )
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

longhair

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:45:21 PM »
My wife does it just a little differnent. First she cuts the meat into about 1 inch pieces and wraps them with bacon.  Places them in tin foil and adds onions and fresh mushrooms and covers it all with 57 sauce. Wraps everything up and cooks till done with no basting. When done just unwrap and it becomes finger food. No tools needed, just use the toothpick that holds the bacon on to get the rest. Ahhhhhhhh !!! 8)

longhair

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:32:28 PM »
As a matter of fact, we had this tuesday night. Ahhhhhh !!!  8)