Author Topic: Ripping sounds to Foxpro callers  (Read 2794 times)

uncle buck

Ripping sounds to Foxpro callers
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:13:46 PM »
CD's they are nice to overload to the FX5...Just Rip them on the computer and they go to a file...Then I overload them to the Foxpro program.
However sometimes if the call company that made the CD copyrighted it ..The computer will not accept the RIP... Also learned not to try to move sounds in large batches to the Foxpro program...My FX5 will not accept overlays in great numbers.. If I overlay let say 4 at a time there is not problem...
The new Foxpro like the Fury?  Can you overlay large quantities of sound at one time or does the same prevail?  In other words if you do 10 RIPS of a CD sounds...Does Fury or newer Foxpro's accept them or do you have to overlay the sounds in small qty, save them. Come back again and overlay 4 more etc etc etc?
I have overlayed cassette to the FX5 and my own sounds too.  However CD's seem to be the easiest...
Have not even checked to see if my current computer can do this...Did the cassettes and my own sound using my old laptop...The Accessory mode of the computer has MIC... I  overlaid sounds through a walkman to the MIC and digital recorder through the MIC option.
Right now I have about 161 sounds and songs  on my FX5.
Songs:  Star Spangled Banner in entirety song by Alabama, R. Anderson Come Here Little Coyote, Bugle Charge, Revelle, Taps, 2 Good Bad Ugly songs.  Have the Star Spangled Banner and the Bugle sounds if I get busted by someone...You should see their face when I hit them with the bugle charge...   

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Ripping sounds to Foxpro callers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:47:53 PM »
never had a problem with copyright problems when they are ripped from a cd.  first I heard of that. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
i had a problem with the fury, it would not copy from the cd file off the cd but when i used the mp3 file, it loaded over easy. 

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
I think it was the Lohman and some of the Kirk CD's that would not work for me..some of the Burnham, Some of the Stewarts, Crit-R-Call worked.
I was probably the RIP provider that I used....

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
I loaded some Lohman and JS on my FX5 with little problems. I did have to reload file names to my remote twice.
FayetteNam

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
It's been awhile but it might be the program I was using...Like ITUNES might recogniczed the CD as a copyrighted item and it won't RIP to your holding file...