Author Topic: Griz-N-Gray Distress  (Read 10238 times)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Griz-N-Gray Distress
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:42:23 PM »
Boot,

PM sent to get it off the board... :)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:24:08 PM »
Sounds very good bootmud.Its about time someone makes a call that sounds like a gray.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 07:27:14 PM »
Got mine today!!!
Thanks Bootmud!!!!

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2010, 07:32:10 PM »
Are they available at the waterfowl store in Carlisle, Pa?  Thats where I purchase one of your squirrel calls and a Lilpeker.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
Boot,

Just wanted to say thanx for getting me in trouble ..AGAIN!!. ???..Yep played with that call til I had the whole house upset with me. >:(..I sure do like the sounds it makes. ;D..Ya'll better git one cause the gray and coon population will be decreased by those who have one of these calls!!! Thanx again Boot!!
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline DEER TAG

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 08:31:37 PM »
Call sounds great, I ll have to pick one up before season opens .

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »
Curtis Houser, owner of Kettle Creek Calls contacted me about five months ago with a new call that he had come up with and requested for me to put it to the test. Although this call didn't have a name yet or a logo on it, I excitedly agreed to give this call which was later named the Griz -N- Gray a workout.

My idea with the Griz -N- Gray was to lead off every set with it and if I failed to call anything into the set then I would switch to an electronic call utilizing a grey fox in distress sound in an attempt to attract a predator to my calling. I looked at this as a possible way to establish a control of determining any of the calls shortcomings. To my surprise when I had a dry set with the Griz -N- Gray the ecaller also produced the same results.

I just got in from making my last stand of the this week where I called in three more grey fox using the Griz -N- Gray, possibly four but, I believe I saw the same one twice on one of the sets. I am stopping this test here on my eighteenth fox since Curtis first handed me this call rendering the conclusion that no more educating of predators needs to be done. I have no doubt that when the season opens up this call will perform. Simply put the Griz -N- Gray works and I had a ton of fun experimenting with it over the past several months.

This call is easy to use and duplicates raccoon and grey fox vocalizations. I didn't get a chance to test it out in extreme cold conditions however, since its not a mouth blown call where moisture can be a factor I suspect it will handle the cold temperatures just fine.

Those of you looking for another option or tool for your predator calling arsenal I think you will not be disappointed in the Kettle Creek Calls Griz -N- Gray hand call. Good luck to you all this season.

TFC2223 (Kirk McKendree)
Kettle Creek Calls Prostaff
HEVI-SHOT Field Staff

Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 05:50:34 PM »
Are they available at the waterfowl store in Carlisle, Pa?  Thats where I purchase one of your squirrel calls and a Lilpeker.

UB,

They are not available there yet.  I think they will be there in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, bootmud

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
Bootmud,
true story...
Last weekend 2 grandsons and their 2 friends camped out at the back of our property.
I built a fire and the family gathered around. The boys were playing with air-soft guns. It got dark and the youngest grandson ask if he could use a flashlite. We walked to my pickup and I gave him a mini-mag.
He said, 'What's that Pop, laying there on the seat?'
I said, 'a new Fox/Coon call (GRIZ & GREY).'
He ask what a Coon sounded like.
So I worked over the Coon chatter. Really got into it. Grandson didn't seem impressed and trotted off to join the other boys.
Went back to campfire to family & my drink. Five minutes later the 4 boys came running, 'Pop! Pop! There are 3 Coon climbing up the big tree at the fur shed.
I replied, 'I wasn't born yesterday, stop pull'n my leg.'
The youngest came close and said, 'Really Pop, theres 3 Coon up that tree, 'we' called 'em in.'
Son-in-law, daughter, me and the 4 boys walked to the tree and by darn we saw 'eyes'.
I got the high powered Deer spotlite dang we saw 4 Coon in the tree...LOL. Mother and getting big youngns.
Not sure if I called 'em or they were passing thru and the boys treed 'em.
But I want to believe your Coon call had something to do with it because it happened too fast.

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
That's pretty neat Hern.  Wether it had anything to do with the call or just coincidence that's a great experience with the grand kids. :)

I have a mulberry tree outback and each year when they ripen the coons can usually be found there.  My kids always get a kick of seeing them.  Maybe this year we'll talk to them with the Griz-N-Gray and see what happens. :)

bootmud