Author Topic: A New Old Friend.  (Read 2132 times)

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
A New Old Friend.
« on: July 29, 2010, 04:16:51 AM »
A friend of mine who I've know for a few years now but never met face to face. Was able to come down for a few days this week with his wife and daughter. They had never been out this way before and it was nice to met them face to face. He and I went hunting a few nights and man was it hot and full moon. I told him it was not the best time to hunt. But you take what you can get LOL. He never hunted the way we do down here. We used my brother's hunting rig AKA "PackRat35". I don't know who had more fun him hunting on top of the rig or me watching him LOL. That's what I like about these sites. You get to talk to people from all over the world. And if you are lucky you get to meet them and go hunting. The coyotes and hogs were on vacation as well. It's so green and the grass is so tall that the coyotes would have to be on a rig as well to see them LOL. So he shot a few jackrabbits. He couldn't believe how fast they were LOL. Once he got the bbl warmed up on his 223 Rem. Stevens 200. He went to town on them. He wants to come back when it's cooler. I hope to make and meet new friends here. To me that's what hunting is about. Sharing good times with good friends. Here are a few pics.

Had a heck of a good time Drew AKA "stoneshaper".

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: A New Old Friend.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »
That's cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Great thing about these message boards is meeting the people face to face.
Had the pleasure to predator hunt, trap, fish, & picnic with many 'new' internet friends.

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: A New Old Friend.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 01:45:19 PM »
That rig brings back old memories of my last trip to Texas. Hopefully, Foxpro51 and I can make it out there this fall.
President PPHA