Author Topic: #4 Buck Shot  (Read 7595 times)

Offline Cannon Hollow Hounds

#4 Buck Shot
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 11:01:53 AM »
Dale, Thanks for the welcome , and the info. I had thought about the length of the barrel when I bought it but I got it used in mint cond. at a great price. I knew it was a goose gun as it has "Super Goose" stamped right into the barrel. Now, is there any certain brand of tube I should get it threaded for or are they all the same ? Also, when you sat "F" shot, can you explain that as I have never heard of it. New to this predator stuff..lol.. but have patterned a lot of different shots for turkey so I won't have any problem there.One more thing I been thinking about. What would you consider the max. range for this gun and would I be better off aiming for heads or front shoulders ? Thanks from a newbie,   CHH

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
#4 Buck Shot
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 10:40:19 AM »
as for brand of choke tubes available, I'd have to go with the Browning or Hastings tubes... not many people making them for a 10ga in a variety of sizes...

F shot is one of the small buckshot sizes, next size up from T shot... hmmm after a closer look that may only be available in steel any more... F shot is about .20 in diameter, FF is .22 then into #4 buck at .24...

the #4 turkey loads will work ok for close {25yard} shots on fox, but they don't take a lot of killing anyways... better and still available is the Federal copper plated, buffered BB... that will flat put the smack on a fox, and is heavy enough for coyote to probably 35 yards if your gun will pattern it good... your best bet is to go straight to the #4 buckshot though and have both ends covered...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Cannon Hollow Hounds

#4 Buck Shot
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »
OK, thanks. You gave me a good place to get started anyhow... CHH