Author Topic: Fox Pro Spitfire  (Read 2244 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Fox Pro Spitfire
« on: March 04, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
I ended up selling my JS preymaster 4 this year, seems like hunters specialties doesn't want to produce all their sounds to digital.  I ended up buying the spitfire. the unit has one speaker similar to the front speaker of the fury, same size.  unit is powered by 4AA batteries and remote with a 9v.  I ordered 24 different sounds than i already have so now i have 124 foxpro sounds (should be enough for now)  we download the new 24 sounds to the computer to back them up,  then i loaded them onto the fury.  then i went through the list of 124 to see which 24 i wanted on the spitfire, picked 21 for coyotes and 3 for crows for this time of year.   the spitfire speaker in not as clear as the fury, the is a slight humming noise in it when a sound is not playing, when a sound does play it is crystal clear.  i at first thought it wouldn't be loud enough but there is a big sound difference when you get up to 4 and then 5. 

one thing the fury can play 24bit sounds but the spitfire cannot, so some of the ones on my list i cannot use on the spitfire.  when you pick your sounds for the spitfire they must send them in 12 bit because i know i picked sounds that were 24 bit. i don't understand that.  also the spitfire will take mp3 files i did load js gf pup and it does work.   the remote on the spitefire is easy to work, all in all it will be a nice call to have and use, i like that i can pick and choose what sounds i want on it at any given time.   

uncle buck

Re: Fox Pro Spitfire
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
Sounds good about the Spitfire.... Also sounds like the Fury is also easy to overlay and load new sounds on too...
Does the Fury accept an additional speaker...In other words there is a place to add on a speaker.. Maybe that would make it louder?
Also good to check what kind of speaker will work in the Spitfire... Maybe one that will work on the Foxpro products that accept 8 batteries will wreck the Spitfire since it only has 4 batteries..

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fox Pro Spitfire
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »
the both have a port to add a speaker, not sure i would ever need to add one to the fury though.  the spitfire i might if i were hunting crows but it still may be loud enough i will let you know after this weekend.