Author Topic: Predator Light  (Read 10316 times)

uncle buck

Re: Predator Light
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
Devil Advocate again but this time for the light...

Notice that Nitelite packages from from $85.00 to 399.00.  so their lights are expensive too....However take a look at that light...I don't see any battery or large wire... Now that is a plus over the Nitelite lights....
Just the other night and nights past...That gar-sh darn wire on the back of the Nitelite was just driving me nuts in the back of belt...getting twisted and such.. Also...the wire going up to the hat also helps to have  that gravitational pull ....Pull the light bill down off your head...More weight....

furblaster

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »
Brains brother got us the 2 led headlamps on a 3 day holiday for the mine. Strata mine safety products makes the yellow light. It is 110 with the charger. The predator light guys try to claim there light is brighter. The yellow light is made by the same company, as the predator light. The Chinese
sell one for around 50 dollars with the charger. Brian and myself checked into these lights, well he did the work I sat and ate nachos on his couch and listened to him ramble. We use small rayovac Led headlamps, on white everything spooks. But thats not the the bad feature of the light. We noticed, if animals were behind a small thicket, you would see no eyes. With red we seen them, switched back to white LED, nothing, back to red, they were there. They have posted tests on the other Predator site, what zoom camera was used when taking the pictures of the reflectors? No spot to flood, no dimmer, it has a low, but it is to low to use a red lens. It would make a good rimfire light for small 70 to 100 yard fields.

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »
Think you everyone for the feed back, and thank you Uncle Buck for being the devil's advocate ;lol; I enjoy reading your oppinion's on thing's along with everyone else.

This seem's to me like one of those product's you need to get your hand's on to see what it's realy about.

I think I may contact these people and see if there is a trial period to witch it can be sent back and reimbersted if I am not satisfied. It can't hert to ask, I haven't sent the money on it yet.

Offline bhw

• Junior Forum Member
    • Bark at the Moon Coyote Club
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »
The Predator is fantastic!  It outperforms every light I've used... in every category. You really have to see it to believe it - and by that I mean use it while hunting to see how great it is.

I hate to direct traffic to the Bark at the Moon Forum, but there are lots of testimonials and feedback there.  Far too much for me to type here.
Read the NEW book EASTERN COYOTE CHALLENGE at Bark at the Moon Coyote Club! http://www.bucksnorthuntingworld.com/

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 09:00:24 PM »
I too would like to add that I recently purchased the Nitelite Sport for $85.00 and for that price it's a great deal...Kind of wish the cable would disconnect from the battery but that why it's cheaper... However so far with it's Rheostat and just a plain red or yellow pop cover it works great...Good for the shotgunner and the rifleperson.
The Rheostat is so important...Some of my old lights do not have the Rheostat.

Would be intersting to look at The Head, Wheat, and the Mine style lights....Then say....For the caller.....The Head is better because of this or the Mine is better because off this or the Wheat is better because of this.  I think that this light might resemble the Mine or the Wheat more so then the Head lite?

Did see that Nitelite did not have any Wizard 11 on their site as a package anymore...I like the Wizard of course that is the Head lite....
Then their is the small Nitelite Coon light which is a small battery but that is a Head light.

There are a lot of Pro and Con about any of the light packages. Also some have different Volts too...Could be that a higher Voltage of 6 would be better for a shooting light but again sometimes by just changing the type of bulb will make it burn longer or view farther...Lights can drive a predator caller NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I use to preach all of these  Petzel and cash register a lights as outstanding for predator calling...Then you use them and see predator shadows going across the field and wonder why the eyes do not shine..  So then you end up with all of these $9.99 and $19.99 lights when you should have invested in a good combo..However you do need one of these cheap aurz lights in your hunting coat should one of your main lights run out of juice while out in the field... For safety reason..

I know one thing now...I missed a few coyotes this year already using the cheap aurz cash register lights...Never again...Starting at least at the Nitelite Sport an $85.00 light and go up more in price from now on!!!!!!!!!

Will I ever buy The Predator Light?  maybe...I do have Wizard, Western and now the Sport so down the road I might try the light...

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 09:06:09 PM »
Well I had a chance to realy use the predator light this last weekend and it preformed great. We had 3 coyote's came in, 2 at night and the blueish white light did not bother them at all. I also used the amber len a little, but it is easier for me to see with no len's cover on at all. I also used the predator light all weekend with out charging it. I wanted to see how long the charge would lest, it ran all weekend with out any noticable change in light intencity. One down fall I did notice is if you are scaning with it in your hand and have glove's on the button is a little hard to find if you would want to turn the light onto the high beam. Other then that it is a great little light and perform flawlesly all weekend.

All and by the way no coyote's were harmed in this light test. My night shoting with a rifle need's a lot of work :-[ :-[

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 08:38:37 AM »
Rosko, thats why we are having a night shoot at the expo this year.  Hope to see you there.  I am hoping to have predator lights there again as a vendor and also have the do a light demo at the night shoot.  I havn't contacted them yet about this but if it happens, it will open up a lot of eyes.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Rosko

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 07:33:52 PM »
Lookn4Fur
Can I get in on the 10 yard shot  ;D  I mite be able to hit at that distence. I mist that coyote last weekend at about 60 yard's ::)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 08:46:48 AM »
I feel your pain.  Why do you think we are having a night shoot.  It's the only way I could practice without others knowing. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline TFC2223

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.redeyesops.com
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2010, 07:45:48 PM »
I did a review on this light.  It shouldn't be hard to find.  Still using it with no problems and it was used to take many predators this year.  They (Restorc) will be at the world predator expo in columbus.  I am not sure for our expo in cresson.  I volunteered to do a light demo at said expo when I last talked to tim deckard.  Its a good light and everyone who has hunted with me this season has agreed.  The only hurdle that seems to come up is its cost.  Their are many great lights out there and this is just one more you have to through into the mix in my opinion.  Good luck in your research.

TFC2223 (Kirk McKendree)
Kettle Creek Calls Prostaff
Kirk McKendree

RED EYES OPS

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Received my Nitelite catalog today...wow Wizard packages both head and shooting light no longer available... Nitelite lights packages getting up there in price too. So maybe just maybe this light you are all posting about might be worth it??????

Many of us have the $4.99 barrel Bracket from Nitelite that allows a hunter to attach their head light to their rifle barrel and use it as a shooting light... Back when I got mine they were not legal but now they are... Now if they can stay affixed to your barrel after you fire the gun???  The head light might turn into a good shooting light..

Over the years you end up with a few Nitelite combos... Since their battery belt can hold a battery on each side... I might have to give the old Barrel bracket a try.. If anything maybe it will stay on the barrel if you use the 22 WMR???????

Barrel Bracket...NLBB83  $4.98 why buy a shooting light for your rifle if you already have a Nitelite Headlight.  It does fit under the barrel and not on the scope but it just might be a cheap alternative to buying one of the more expensive shooting lights.....

I have one...Now I have to find it in my spare parts containers???????/