Author Topic: Last night hunt  (Read 2169 times)

Offline deerhunter23

Last night hunt
« on: January 31, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
Well I went out last night with my cousin, it was blistering cold but had a blast.  First spot was there 10 minutes and a big gray fox came it  got him with the 22 WMR  at bout 50 yards droped him off at the  taxidermist  ill try and put a  pic up. 4th spot  used challange howl and got a reply bout 300 yards away but we got no eyes but more or less great night .

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
Re: Last night hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »
Hunting in S.W. Pa?
FayetteNam

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
congrats on the gray! hope to see a pic!
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 06:12:17 PM »
Temps were cold...Plus Full Moon period  did not help...I called in a red fox but just did not hang around quite long enough to put the lighted shotgun bead and fire... It was that fast...there he was and there he was no more...I did get it's attention by resurrecting the old Model Johnny Stewart 512 cassette player...I left the Foxpro FX5 at home...It came in for the Red and Gray Combo or AKA Red and Gray Fight...

Forgot how good the JS Model 512 with the extra large speaker sounds...One gets to much into the new sophisticated high tech stuff..Neat to use the old stand by...In this case I started off making two sets for daytime red fox hunting and then into the night..So hence my reason for using the model 512.

Did make one stand with my Powerdogg for coyotes but that proved negative....

Offline deerhunter23

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
Yea in Indiana county, I was trying out that Fox Pro Spitfire works great, It came in to the gray fox distress but hungup at  100 yds soon as i hit the Vole squeek he came running right in.