Author Topic: When Every One Has The Same Electronc Caller and Their Sounds Only  (Read 1503 times)

uncle buck

Lately my electronic calling has been proving negative...However my mouth calling has been real productive... Hunters going out and having NO HITTERS.. Time to go totally Open Reed..Since this time of the year the metal reeds freeze up from saliva.
However Grey Fox hunting...Stick with the Grey Fox Pup.. Or for a mating Red Fox red distress is good now...Or for daytime calling Red distress.
So electronics are needed but knowing when to use them and when to go to mouth calling?

Also.......same ole same ole...So many people have the same sounds. Hence More is not better..See the same old JS Baby Rabbit being played by counties with high numbers of predator hunters...No wonder that is just ONE of the reason that they don't come to the call... Also....me included we seem to play those electronic calls just too loud...Sometimes the cheap caller that do not have much volume are more productive because it forces us to use what is available.  A caller that can that does not have loud volume maybe better then the expensive one that you can make the ground rumble... I know I know... You want to make sure the predator hears the sound so you let her rip..Some sounds can be ripped...Fox distress etc etc....Woodpeckers,,, UM the other should be more natural unless their is near Gale force winds thats when you crank up the volume.
Um maybe  a Burnham Compucaller or Minski would be better since the sounds are different..Make sure you load your own sound to callers that can accept other calling companies  cassettes, CD or your mouth calling to their data bank...

I just might resurrect the Model 512 out of storage on my next fox hunt????

I am rambling about a lot of things here but their is some good info...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:49:58 AM by uncle buck »