Author Topic: Primos night lights  (Read 13852 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Primos night lights
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »
Congratulations,  more of a story please.   how far was it, did you use a rifle or shotgun?  did the light, light up the whole animal. 

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
I saw somewhere in a hunting book a  light...Called a laser but it does not pin point a spot on the animal..It lights the animal up just like a light.  I was  thinking that it would be outstanding...It does not put a point of aim on the animal just lights them up in entirety.... I will have to do some looking in my magazines. Um i'm thinking it might be the new  NRA Hunter magazine?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:36:44 PM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
did you see the new one in the Cabelas book you were talking about, the spring one, it is a 3 led scope light, 530 luments for 119.00. 

uncle buck

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »
Here is the scope light I referenced in my previous post....Wow....I think this one would be legal too.. Since it does not place a point of aim on the animal..I just lights them up..OK..Yep it was in Jan 2010 American Hunter, Page 34.  $329.95  ND-3  Long Distance Laser Designator. 
www.lasergenetics.com
Laser Genetics is a company with BSA.   

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 11:14:13 PM »
its classified as a "class 2m laser product"...lasers are illegal in PA. yes?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:14:38 PM by 220_Woody »
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
This one can be real debatable?  Laser that place a dot on an animal and you shoot for that spot..That is not legal.  However this looks like it's a light that lights up the animal then you aim with your scope.. Wow if this thing is legal...???I don't know if it is or not. However if it lights them up and they do not run away. then it would be worth the $329.00.  It still would be fair chase since you have to make the shot with your scope.  This resembles just a shooting light on top of a scope.. 

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
I read the info on the web site.  This laser light can be adjusted from the flood light, down to a fine beam of light.  So I believe it would be illegal.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 12:37:53 AM »
If this is true...That it could be adjusted down to a fine beam of light.  then I would agree with you that it would not be legal...Since you would now have a fine beam that is now striking a portion of the animal. Ah we like the old ways anyway...It would be to simple to hunt with lazers...

Chances are anyway at the wide beam..It would scare the animal away anyway and you would be out $329.00.

Offline knockhunter0311

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »
Congratulations,  more of a story please.   how far was it, did you use a rifle or shotgun?  did the light, light up the whole animal. 

sorry guys, i shot it with a 22-250, "using the white lens" , it  came running at me with the light shining the whole time to around 50 yards, and thats when i "sorry to admit " missed it, the coyote took off ,looking back at me, so a follow up shot, around 75 yards caught it right behind the head. I also used my foxpro spitfire starting out with a coy. challenge howl, followed by a series of grey fox disstress. when i saw eyes i went to the mouth calls.  sorry but the picture wont load.

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »
Great job on the second shot!!!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 08:02:36 PM »
knockhunter0311
Great story, everbody should see them run away and look back for that one more shot they offer sometimes.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
Guys, I tested one of the lazer lights and I have to say I think they're not ready for prime time just yet. Not at all bright enough on a dark background at night and still not bright enough on a light or white background. The light it self out to about 75 yards will work but I think it's a lot of money for a light that is no better than what we already have. In the next few years I'm sure they will improve the light to do the job we all want it to do now. It's just not there yet.
President PPHA