Author Topic: Good backup light or shotgun light.  (Read 2418 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Good backup light or shotgun light.
« on: October 10, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
saw these on sale at Cabelas,  figured it would be a good backup light at a good price.   It came in the mail today, the quality seems very good.  put a red filter on it tonight and i am able to easily pick up eyes to 75 yards,  i am sure it will go out to 100 but my eyes are at 75 so i know it works up to there.  you will be able to id the animal easy when it is within shotgun range.   good light for the money. 

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_518609&id=0068611517056a

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Good backup light or shotgun light.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »
those are nice...i use these..if it takes 4 aaa,you can solder a wire to a 6volt gel battery...for 30 dollars they make a nice backup also.

the switch is on the light,and it has a flood that works like a dimmer,and actualy i think it works better than my nightlight,because the spot is big,and it doesnt just dim right around the yote which limits the shot,this puts out a big dim spot,,also it seems that what i and my friends seem to see is,if you light up the surroundings of a yote and it is a confined spot i think they notice the movement from the vegitation close to it,i can be on flood in half a second,and i have a 40 foot wide dim circle,that goes a long ways..
i make a 4 inch shroud that slides on the light,and my smartlight red cover fits right over it.

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/camping-gear-17099.html
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:30:36 PM by Trophiesonly »

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 11:00:33 PM »
Scott nice light...You will see you will start to use that type more and more.  Just make sure you carry some AA batteries with you.
However it could be that you will not have to replace them for numerous hunts....

I even carry a few of those lights in my bag that fit on the bill of your hat too.  You never know when a bulb will burn out and you are away from your vehicle... Also nice to pull out a white light (to locate)  if you down a predator too.....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 11:02:54 PM by uncle buck »

Offline DAVID1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
Trophies told me about that optronics headlamp. I love mine also brian . I havent hooked mine up to a battery yet and its still bright. I also will sometime in the future get a 6 volt to run it .
 I have alot of money wrapped up in AA'S  !!