Author Topic: Lights affixed to gun barrels  (Read 1872 times)

uncle buck

Lights affixed to gun barrels
« on: July 29, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
Me I am always experimenting with all kinds of lights....However as of yet I have not stumbled on anything better then the light on the head as the best methot of illuminating the incoming predators...However now grant you I am real heavy into shotgunning. However when using the rifle at night time and lighting up the entire field you sure have to shoot fast...

What I am getting at here....Is so far going to the light affixed to my shotgun barrel has not increased my harvest.  Still get them the old way.  LOL  LOL However not that I am going to stop experimenting with affixed lights.....To bright a light affixed and your shooting window to make the shot is not to long..Not bright enough red lens light  and the light does not light up the eyes enough...Just got to find the right colored lens and or the right light with the intensity to just be perfect....

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Lights affixed to gun barrels
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
i say stick with the headlamp tilt it to one side to line the sight on the barrel and stick with it,it is the fastest,and easiest way to hunt.

Not knocking any sights off,etc. unless you near bend the barrel.