Author Topic: Turtles  (Read 4111 times)

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Turtles
« on: July 19, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
Does anyone out there have any special recipes for turtles that stand out.  Im just looking for more ways to cook this overlooked predator.  Thanks

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Turtles
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:09:49 PM »
my dad & i used to catch and prepare snappers out of Muddy Run park years ago. the soup was out of this world but i have no clue as to his recipe.
i'm sure the internet can yeild you some great ideas.

got a nice size snapper in one of the ponds out back here. caught him a few times but released him as i do not have the time to flush him out, butcher and prepare all the meat. if someone wants him and is willing to share in the bounty let me know and i'll put the bait & lines back in the water! ;D
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
Yea time is def an issue these days.  Whoever decided the 5 day work week and 2 day weekend had things backwards.  Maybe we can have a district get together and cook up some turtle soup

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 09:00:26 PM »
i was just out back sighting in my rifle and thought that once the corn is cut out there i'd have a slew of D2 guys over for some trap shootin out in the corn field. maybe soak a few lines and sip some cold ones down at the ponds.

just an idea
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:36:58 AM »
sounds like a dang fine idea there woody, cuttin that corn might be pretty late though depending if they're doin field corn or sweet corn, but hey eithery way...i'm sure tony and I are in...i'm sure some other D2 folks would be in
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »
You can better believe Im in and by then hopefully I can bring a grill full of Md Venison to cook around the fire to go along with all those cold ones