Author Topic: nesting crows?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
nesting crows?
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »
 I have noticed a small group of crows behind the house that seem to be very vocal at all times of the day.They are very loud and sound somewhat agitated.Are they nesting or what is the cause of this racket?

Offline MCWALK

• Rural Retreat Va.
Re: nesting crows?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:14:39 PM »
Im not sure foxtrot but I think little ones should be out of the nest by now...I think crows do their thing about the same time as spring turkeys do...Might have been a late hatch thou...I been noticeing crows around here chasing alot of hawks here lately...Man they raise kane!!!!I love to watch them....
M.Chad Walk
www.walkpredatorcalls.com
mcwalk@walkpredatorcalls.com

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:58:14 PM »
I thought to that the nesting cycle was over.It just seems odd that they always seem to be in the same location.What does their diet consist of this time of year?Do they eat raspberries?

Offline MCWALK

• Rural Retreat Va.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
I have been watching crows gorge themselves on June Bugs out here in these fields!!!I would say they will also eat berries also...Crows will just about eat anything they can get in their mouth...I seen a crow swoop down on top of a song bird one time and pin it to the ground with eats feet and then he started eating it...Dangdest thing Id ever seen!!!
M.Chad Walk
www.walkpredatorcalls.com
mcwalk@walkpredatorcalls.com

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
If mating and nesting doesn't keep them in an area then it must be food related.Works that way for pretty much all animals I suppose.