Author Topic: Fur Shed  (Read 3766 times)

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
Fur Shed
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:08 AM »
Does everyone have their fur handling spots clean and in order. That is one of my biggest downfalls usually always looking for something I knew I had last yr. LOL.  And for the newbies this is gonna be a great yr to practice your fur handling with the prices where they are. Good Luck everyone

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fur Shed
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:41:38 PM »
Everything has been ready and waiting since March. One of the first things I clean up and make ready for the coming yr. Did pick up another skinning knife  some more tacks and a mink fleshing board over the summer.
PPHA District 3

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »
Do you put up most of your critters on wood stretchers?  and are ya planning on doin some mink trappin this yr I got into it a little last yr and it was a blast

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »
I put almost everything up on wood. The only thing that goes on wire is when i run out of wood or if its a opossum . Not planning on doing any mink trapping really the fleshing beam was on a auction and could not pass it up. Never know when it may come in handy .  Mostly just bought it because the money was going to a good cause.   
PPHA District 3

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:34 AM »
for the most part my shed is in order
I do have some things to put away that don't belong in the fur shed.
Last weekend I made some BlueBird Boxes in the fur shed and have to clean up saw dust.
Messy drill'n 1 1/2" holes with spade bit.
Also, lots of spider webs to be vac'd.
I use wood boards too.

Might be skun'n a Deer or two this Saturday in the shed. Two fellas offered me a Deer if they shot one.
That makes 3 guys that offered me Deer this season. Go figure. aah, never mind...I'll take all the Deer they bring. 2 given to me last season.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 06:28:52 AM by Hern »

Offline waterfowler1183

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:48 AM »
Yea i use my fur shed for skinning deer as well.  I broke down and put an electric hoist in and let me telll you it cuts down on a lot of work.  Also the electric hoist helps on those cold stubborn coons and coyotes just hook up the vice grips and push the button: works the hide down to the shoulders pop the legs through and your in business.  When you got a dozen coon to skin this really cuts down on hand fatigue.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 05:44:14 AM »
'1183 says-
electric hoist helps on those cold stubborn coons and coyotes just hook up the vice grips and push the button: works
I have electric hoist too. Love it. I put it in for exactly that....skun'n Coyote & lg. Coon. But used e-hoist to skun a few Deer and one Bear.