Author Topic: Coyote howlers  (Read 5654 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Coyote howlers
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
actually I think the ones you can buy pre cut are pretty expensive once you factor in shipping.  plus my cut ones sound better then the bought ones atleast to me.  alot of it has to do with when the dang things roll on ya and do not work.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 09:54:06 PM »
Quaker boy makes a howler plus that sounds really good to me but hasn't proven its self.Also i think a persons mouth structure has a lot to do with how a call is going to sound.What works for one person might not work for someone else.

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
  Major Boddicker Crit-R-Calls are all awesome and work. Like his Magnum open reed and the Song Dog Jr.    Dave Dunbars pup howler is good and easy to use, 
One of the most easiest to use would be Primos Lil Dogs...a two pack,  2 each open reed calls that you attach a provided megaphone to either or.

You start to get into the Primos Hot Dogs,  then the Red Desert Howlers, they are good but harder for the new callers to use.

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
I like the Power Howler. One of the best I've heard.

Ben, they sell the bands for the Power Howler at Chambersburg Gander Mtn. for 3 bucks for 4 of them.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine