Author Topic: S.E. PA Range Day  (Read 10806 times)

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: S.E. PA Range Day
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:50 PM »
FoxPro51,

thanks for the PM's. the fly shoot sounds like a good idea.

will probably come up with a nice prize for the closest to the fly or something. adult and junior bracket would be great if we get enough participation.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 09:25:55 PM »
Count me in. If it is possible I'll be there. Earl, do you have any elephant targets for me. They're easier for me to get close to. If I'm having a good day, I just might hit one.
President PPHA

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »
You should try a 2 man team night shoot at predator targets with the reflective tacks in the eyes (so it looks real) and red lights.
FayetteNam

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
I think the night shoot idea would be great..but dont think you can get a SGL range for nights...I believe only WCO range training can be conducted at night on state ranges...I know I sure could use some practice at it   ;D
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 03:04:06 PM »
maybe a private club might be availble.  I know mt holly fish and game here in south central pa has varmint shoots at night but not like we do.  I know one of the guys on the board for em.  I might be able to set something up at there range to shoot at eyes like predator 77 mentioned.  but we might have to rent the range and we also might have to allow mt holly fish and game club members attend also.  I would like to do something like this at a farmers field but trying to setup something safe and something that the cops wouldn't show to would be a hassle. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
1ST Annual PPHA Fly shoot. Print back of T shirt's with a big Fly. That should get attention. Woody, Pm me your address and i can send some out some fly targets.

longhair

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:04 PM »
maybe a private club might be availble.  I know mt holly fish and game here in south central pa has varmint shoots at night but not like we do.  I know one of the guys on the board for em.  I might be able to set something up at there range to shoot at eyes like predator 77 mentioned.  but we might have to rent the range and we also might have to allow mt holly fish and game club members attend also.  I would like to do something like this at a farmers field but trying to setup something safe and something that the cops wouldn't show to would be a hassle. 

Try to bring the local police on board with your plan and invite them too. Some my local cops are some crack shots. They also like long distance hog hunt'n. I give them a heads up when I'm going out at night. The chief stopped in and said thanks. Saves them time and effort. They still do a drive by,cause they have to respond, but don't hassle ya. ;D

Offline buerysgrove

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 06:23:05 PM »
Sounds like fun Woody.Count me in.By the way where are these gamelands?
                  Thanks.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »
I will bet BP could come up with some interesting targets. BP let's see a few targets

BP

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 08:49:15 AM »
Here's one I shot with a shotgun at 30 yards.

Earl, do you like moving targets?

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »
I knew you could do it BP

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 11:41:45 AM »

So woody's topic can get back on track

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »
Buerysgrove~

the rifle range/sgl is about 3miles north of my house. if you wanna come just follow the directions i gave ya for the D2 check in and you can follow me there. hope you can make it.....and good luck hunting this weekend....hope ya get one!
- Channing Pollock

Offline buerysgrove

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »
Woody struck out hunting.Didn't call in anything except a flock of crows.I'll get in touch when the time for the shoot gets closer.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
well i was hoping to make a call to the PGC to reserve the range this week....but beings only two guys have spoken up so far. can't see reserving a public range for the PPHA for a couple hours for only 3 guys.

unless i get a good handful of participants by say...the 18th. i will postone this event.

thanks Swarter and Buersgrove for the interest ;), but i cant see you guys being the only ones to drive out here for this.

- Channing Pollock