Author Topic: Downloads  (Read 7312 times)

Offline CoyoteJeff

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Downloads
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 10:13:55 AM »
P77 it may seem to you like nothing gets done but you have to remember the officers have 1 meeting a month. So when a suggestion is made it may take a month before it is ever considered by the officers. Making a suggestion is easy but to also put the work into doing it takes time so with any idea you have the more you yourself do to help promote the idea the faster and better chance the idea has. I know you can't make changes to the website and that but if you put the martial  together and then give it to your district office it helps them present the idea to the rest of the officers and most likely will happen unless it can't because of some state or federal law.

Keystoneman 85 all the work you do on the website is appreciated.
PPHA District 3

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
ian.  eric does alot.  everytime the president says put this up within hours it is done.  not days weeks or months.  he is offering a free service that normally costs money.  that is the reason why so many others did not want to do it.  it is a big hassle to write code and update the website. 

and for the record you will have to be voted on by the heads of the association before the PPHA toss's you from the board.  so do not start to think I do things for the hell of it. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 11:19:13 AM »
What job do you do?

I am the webmaster for the website.  Basically that means I created the website's looks (you should have seen it before if you think its bland now) and yes I will admit it is bland.  But the club didn't want something high tech and flashy when I created it.  And I agree with them.  Do I think some pictures and stuff should be added?  Yes, I do - just need the content and go ahead.  What else do I do?  I ensure your precious forums stay up and current - I'm not sure if you were here for the forum change over. Coding a website is not easy - and takes a ton of time.  If you have experience I challenge you to create a different look.  If it's flashy/content driven you want to see I can send you to countless other websites I have designed.

The wedsite looks generic and every suggestion needs a 20 step approval so the officers can feel powerful so don't tell me to do anything. I'm not giving ben an excuse to toss me. DO YOUR JOBS that you so willingly excepted.

The 20 step approval in reality is a three step approval.  Take it to your Dist Cord - they take it to the board - the board sends it to me.  You were only 17 off.

I'm glad you willing to step forward like so many others have to help this club.  You just tear it down ...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:33:39 AM by keystoneman 85 »
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 12:12:02 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:04:22 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »
The administrators are not belittling him....there is as with all organizations...a chain of command.
Your suggestions are fine...I would say the offensive part was when first you said nothing ever gets done, and then second when YOU started belittling the large amount of time and effort that Eric puts into this website, just making it possible for you to voice your complaints.

BP is your district VP....take your concerns to him...suggestions are great...just as you said thats what the forum section is for...but to start putting down those that are putting forth the effort because its not the EXACT way you want it...then bring it up to your officer that YOU would like to take it over (free of charge of course) and go from there

I have done coding, and it bites.....one wrong character and the whole site is messed up.
Web design isnt creating a myspace account.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2009, 12:23:44 PM »
I do computer programming for a living and have tried my hand at web design and have no clue.  this exact conversation is the reason why dad does not help with this organization anymore. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »
Eric...Thank you for the countless hours you spend doing web work free of charge.
Some of us understand what you put in and greatly appreciate it

+1
Thank you for your time and help keystoneman85.  I know first hand this stuff is not always easy.

P77
What have you done so far besides "suggest" things?
Many of us have seen some very good improvements in this club over the years, all due to people like keystoneman85.

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 12:28:47 PM »
I have a guy in Indiana state that did my bands old website.  I'll see if he'll do it if you doubt me, I don't know html codes. You do it for free, that's great! I'm proud of you.

Go ahead.  See if he wants to do it - if someone wants to take this over by all means I'll just disappear.

I suggestion something in the suggestion forum and you jumped on me for doing so. Calling me "mr. armchair quarterback".

First let me apologize for calling you that. But, essentially that is what your doing. The fact that you suggested something is great, and I commend you. However, when it doesn't get done that's when you get upset and bring it back to light.  I can't answer why it wasn't done thats a question for your district officer.  However, if I had to guess its because no one acted on your suggestion (I would gladly sit here and take suggestions from everyone and create a massive high tech website) but I wouldn't make it to work and wouldn't be able to provide service to my paying customers.  If you were to act on your own suggestion and pass it to your officer I can almost guarantee you it gets done.

You were out of line. I posted a comment (not complaining) in the right place in the right context and you took a cheap shot at me.

It's not a cheap shot.  You may not have complained in this thread that things don't get done but you have in others.  And unless I'm missing something the only thing you have done for PPHA so far is joined!  This club is run/helped out by people whole love Pred Hunting and have a desire to make things better for all.

What from the suggestion forum has ever gone into effect? Seriously? Why have it if administraters are gonna belittle you for doing so? Again it was a suggestion not a complaint about not having it. get it?

I'm not sure what in the suggestion forum has gone in to effect.  To be honest I can't keep track of the forums anymore with all the crap.  My guess is the suggestion forum is a good place to get feedback before going to a district officer.  
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »
 8)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 12:04:57 PM by predator77 »
FayetteNam

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 12:39:18 PM »
no he brings it up at a board meeting then all the officers vote on it which then tom relays the info to keystoneman. 

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
back to the topic....

I would like to see a page for downloads. Sound, upcoming event fliers, targets, ballistics charts, pre made business cards/brochures (with PPHA info) to leave at sport shops. Most of these things could be printed and handed out and it wouldn't cost PPHA anything but the time to design them.
I know someones gonna say "good idea" then it will never be heard about again.

anyone here can make a suggestion, but offer to help or do some of the leg work which requires the free time you stated. as CoyoteJeff said....suggestions will come to fruition faster should the suggestee put forth some effort to see it through. its been almost 48hrs since your original post Predator77, have you pulled together any of the materials you would like to see inserted into the site? targets, sounds, ballistic charts...etc? so they can be reviewed and decided on. it sure would help your idea come about. ;)

speaking of CoyoteJeff, he (an officer)presented you with an explaination and some sound advice, being you didn't reply back to his helpful post, i'm simply reiterating what he said.

it was a good post till your last line. negitivity never gets anyone anywhere.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock