Author Topic: Member page.  (Read 23331 times)

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Member page.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »
Get him Ben!
HE sooooo needs it, plus he's running out of ammo lately

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:51 AM »
I think he is getting bored.  no one is lashing back at him here.  maybe he ought to go mess around with DH over on the predator hunter a bit.  been aweful quiet over there lately.  maybe if the steelers loose this weekend he might just go dissapear for a bit.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 04:23:08 PM »
Maybe ;D they don't want there picture without dentures. Really, anyone who takes fur should post there name and photo on this web site if they can't make checkin.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:26:16 PM by foxpro51 »

BP

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 04:26:54 PM »
if he keeps it up I am gonna have to use my ultra high skill level with photoshop to embarass him.  lol

Me? Embarassed?  ;)

I'd just like to know how many members we have.  I've never heard an exact # since I've been a member.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
The secretary (nice guy)  can give us a direct answer on the true amount of members. We need a list for check in since Longhair is out. Were is the post on minute meeting held the other day? A break down of members in each district would help for future membership drives. Non -profit organization are require to post info like this.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:48:02 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 04:53:54 PM »
Have you contacted any of the district VP's and asked them how many members are in that district?
The President?
The Vice President?
The Treasurer?
The Secretary via PM or email or phone and asked them?
Paul should have a list of all the active members in your district.

Disclosure ruling for NPO is financial....not a roll call.

There does need to be a better way of notifying members about their membership expiring....I know I never got anything and mine is soon up.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:56:13 PM by Lifes2fun »
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »
Membership roll call is part of finanical. Membership an't free.  I agree a running list of membership when due is needed. That should be easy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:12:35 PM by foxpro51 »

BP

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »
Have you contacted any of the district VP's and asked them how many members are in that district?
The President?
The Vice President?
The Treasurer?
The Secretary via PM or email or phone and asked them?
As a matter of fact yea.  2 posts above yours I did. I've asked various officers over the years and the first post in this thread did.  I've done it privately and publicly and never get an answer.  Must be some real top secret stuff or nobody knows.
The bestest answer I ever get is something like this: Well, before the Randy Anderson seminar it was around 200, after the seminar it was around 350, right now, it might be 100.  It appears the folks with the secret number are ashamed or something.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:05:50 PM by BP »

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21:03 PM »
Straight from the NPO laws:

4.6:  Disclosure or Availability of Information to the Public.  Any NPO with significant activities or assets or with substantial public support should be required to publish or make available to the public a report of its general finances and operations; this report may be less detailed than the reports filed with the general supervisory organ, the taxing authority(ies), or any licensing organ and should permit anonymity for donors and recipients of benefits in addition to protecting confidential or proprietary information.

I am agreeing that it would be nice to know what our membership numbers are...but making names publicly known is not required. I personally could care less if my name is made public about being a member....I have even put it in the contact page for district 4 and put my contact info in the Newsletter.....but I am sure there may be some that just dont want their info put out there. And thats their prerogative.

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
WE are going the right direction again. This statewide hunt has generated alot of interest and a lot of fun on this web site. Our executive officers have done a fine job. We just need to iron out the bugs and add more programs. This weather sucks for predator hunting. We will try anyways. Allmost 2000 posts this month. That has to be close to a record.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:27:46 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 05:30:56 PM »
WEll what are the number of members in each district? Apparently,you are an officer and can give us a direct number without names,

BP

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
He's not an officer. I agree about personal info, I'd just like to hear a grand total #.  It would be interesting to hear each districts population also.

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
I'm not an officer, never said or insinuated that I was
If I knew the numbers I would gladly tell you though....I dont think its a bad idea to know numbers.

BP we were typing at the same time.
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »
Each district count is VERY VERY important. It can help me build equal membership in my area. It will also help in setting up events for all members . Knowing the membership numbers can also help us get new members,

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 05:48:34 PM »
if you want to know how many members are in your district and/or the PPHA as a whole...contact the Secretary.

actual names will not be given as this is private information. only executive officers & district officers are allowed access to the membership roster. if memory serves me right....years ago someone(former member) who had access to our membership roster used it for a mailing list for a private clubs coyote hunt....lets just say there was a big problem with that from alot of people.

if a member wants to link up with other hunters in his or her district....use the 'contact exchange' forum, that's what it's there for.
A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock