Author Topic: Head mounted light info needed? NEW PICTURES  (Read 12394 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: Head mounted light info needed? NEW PICTURES
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »
Woody
Light force does not make a head or hat mounted light that I know of. I just started using a 170 gun mount light. I have yet to shoot over a nicer light.  The only problem I have is the mount connection to the gun is cheesy. But I will try to over come that. Matter a fact there is no gun mounted bracket from any light maker that is any good.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 10:57:02 PM »
Lightforce lights are good but all the switches and connections suck. I had to rewire all five of my lights. Im looking for a super bright head light set up so i can hunt myself at times.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:58:50 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 09:16:56 AM »
 I've tried so many things. I use to try to hunt with my 22 mag and a max 1 million rechargable spotlight. I would walk around lugging my bulky lohman cd caller a spotlight and gun. When fox didn't work I'd start hunting coons. Then from some people who use to be real successful and books I started using a shotgun with a rig I made by placing my stinger flashlight into 1 inch piece of pipe insulation the using 2 zip ties to connect to the barrel (through the vent ribs). I was using a cheap headlamp with 2 red led lights that sometimes would pick up eyes. Now I feel confident that I will atleast pick up on eyes with this new headlamp. Nightblaster finally got back to be on the burn time and they said up to 8 hours on a single charge, that is 2 hours more than the sport 2, but I'm still satisfied that I ordered from nitelite.
FayetteNam

BP

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 05:36:39 PM »
I have yet to shoot over a nicer light.  ...the mount connection to the gun is cheesy.

Lightforce lights are good but all the switches and connections suck. I had to rewire all five of my lights.

Why is it everytime someone talks about how good Liteforce is...the next breath are their shortcomings?
I could see making modificatons to a $50 light...but would expect orgasms for what a Nitelite costs.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 05:57:28 PM »
 BP
It is because light force is a light company for off road driving type stuff. They have a great light and lens that shines great. The light is super light weight for its size.  I think there just is not a better light to shoot with and people just put up with there other short comings and that just the way it is. LOL
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 08:02:41 PM »
Lightforce are very good lights. Great power and dimmer BPS switch for night hunting. I have had nothing but problems with the switches, I replaced them all. This is the only light of its kind on the market i know about. The light attaches to the scope very easy but you must make sure bolts are tight. By all means don't drop the light. There is a small nipple and the back of the light that will break off. If this happens you cannot adjust light up and down as needed.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »
There is a small nipple

What are we talking about?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

BP

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 11:33:49 AM »
Overpriced vehichle lights that are marketed as hunting lights and require modifications to bring them up to the standard of $70 hunting lights. ::)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
BP< probably right but the only thing out there that works good. I would like to design my own lights,

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
good choice predator77! nitelite is a great product..you'll be happy with your choice. i know and hunt too many guys who own a Lightforce who swear to never own one again. in fact everytime i've hunted with someone who was using one had one issue or another with them. yeah they have good customer service...but only because they handle so many of thier units back for repairs within one hunting season.....personally, i think they are junk. Nitelite's are rugged and will last you years to come and more.

To bulky,and way to bright.You are right woody.My opinion also.
I guess it is all how a man hunts.I use the nite lite,i keep it low,i mean real low i see eyes out to 125,as they come closer i use my gun light,a 6volt lantern flashlight securly mounted to mt scope.
No wires to mess with i get out of the truck,pull out my gun,put 2 bullets in it and im ready to go.
The headlamp makes it nice hunting alone,you can use hand calls and just move your head,you are not swinging a arm around.Also with the headlamp,it is right beside your eyes,when a predator comes in it is easier for a hunter to see there eyes.We used to use a spotlight.The person spoting would always see the eyes,the person 1 foot beside them couldnt see them.You cant beat a headlamp.

I think the liteforce could be made better,for the price.
The nite lite lights are quality built,every part.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:22:29 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2009, 05:57:43 PM »
Trophiesonly. You guys got better eyes than i got. I light them up like a football field. Suprised i don't set the woods on fire. LOL

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
Naw, it wont catch no woods on fire.It sure does a good job ed-u-ma-cateing,alot of game you wont even see.
I think we all wanted it to be as lite as times square on 11:59 pm on Dec,31st.When we began.then we learned to turn everything down,and let the predator hunt us. :o

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 06:50:56 PM »
Bought a 17HMR today with 4x14x50 scope. Those easy coons are in trouble?

Offline Trophiesonly

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 07:48:37 PM »
you are right there,when i scroll through my calls,i get to raccoon,the red easy button on my call comes on.
Go knockem out.Its some fun.Plus your killin all your rabbit eaters.
Keep the coon down in your fox areas,and you will have more rabbits,in fall for your foxes,and yotes.Coons raid rabbit nests like crazy,and also will run down a baby cottontail,the size of your fist or bigger.
I do not shoot them were dog hunters hunt though.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 08:58:29 PM by TROPHIESONLY »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
yep your right