Author Topic: Coyote in Central Park  (Read 3842 times)

ppha

Coyote in Central Park
« on: March 22, 2006, 07:01:12 PM »

Offline BigBlue

• Junior Forum Member
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:18:22 AM »
Updated: 09:20 PM EST
Wily Coyote Dies Before Release Into the Wild

By JAMES BARRON, The New York Times

(April 1) - Hal, the coyote who led park rangers and police officers on a two-day chase in Central Park last month, died on Thursday, moments before he was to be released in a thousand-acre state forest in Putnam County. He was about a year old.

Maybe we should hold a seminar in Central Park?
Don

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:28:06 AM »
the bad thing is now someone will want to put a monument there honoring him because he did not die in the wild.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline BigBlue

• Junior Forum Member
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 09:39:08 AM »
This reminds me of the story of the seal off the west coast that was RESCUED by animal activists. It was treated by vets and later released while throngs of well wishers looked on. Moments after it's release it was eaten by a shark while those same well wishers looked on in horror.
Don

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 10:28:37 AM »
somone posted this on predator masters.  I find it funny as all get out.

The coyote stopped breathing Thursday night during the routine tagging procedure and biologists could not revive him.

SCENE 1

Wily on his back, four paws sticking in the air, tongue hanging out of his mouth. Cops standing around him, looking at each other.

Cop 1: "I ain't givin no mutt mouth to mouth."

Cop 2: "I saw him eat a cat turd, I ain't doing it."

Cop 3: "When did you get so picky. I seen you kissing Big Liz down at O'Brians. That's gotta be about the same."

Cop 1: "Maybe they shulda used pepper spray instead of a tazer."

Cop 2: "Wasn't one tazer it was three, them goofballs from the 47th precinct got him, you know their motto."

Cop 3: "Yeah, anything worth doing is worth overdoing." (laughs all around)

Attractive nurse type steps up, looks at the cops with disdain,

Nurse: "You guys are despicable. Big macho men with guns, you'd just stand around and let this poor abused, misunderstood, animal die! Somebody do chest compressions."

She gets down on her knees and puts a lip lock on his snout giving mouth to mouth, lovely derriere pointing up at the cops. Cops scramble to help her, tripping in the process, one of them doing an inadvertent knee drop on the coyote, shattering it's rib cage.

Stalwart paramedic arrives just then with a crash cart

Paramedic: "CLEAR"

ZAAAAAPPPP. Coyote sizzling, nurse with hair standing straight up, cops sprawled on ground as if after an explosion.

Cop 1: (frazzled) "Did someone call the 47th?"

SCENE 2

Cut to Medical Examiner talking to police Commissioner

Commish: "I don't care what you tell them. Say he must have eaten some pizza in Jersey before he got here, say he died of an acute hairball, but it better not involve my cops or paramedics, and a broken ribcage or electrical burns!"

M.E.: "You know I can't falsify my report, It's my sworn duty as a public servant of the people of NYC to.."

Commish: "You walk by the 47th precinct on your way home don't you?"

M.E.: "You know, I think this mutt may have been born with a bad heart."
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline BigBlue

• Junior Forum Member
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »
Ben,
Good one-LMAO!
Don

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:04:34 PM »
You missed your calling brother.  You should be writing scripts for the big screen.  Very funny.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Coyote in Central Park
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »
I got that off another site so I cannot take credit just thought that it was funny as heck.