Author Topic: Brand New!!!!  (Read 8888 times)

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« on: February 26, 2008, 08:35:57 AM »
Be sure to check out the brand new Kettle Creek Calls website.   Don't miss the new product for 2008 the "lil Pekker". :D

Thanks,  bootmud

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »
Website looks very nice and I'm sure I will be purchasing one of those new calls!
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
Love the new site Bootmud, can't wait to get my hands on a Lil Pekker. :lol:
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »
Quote from: "Duffman"
can't wait to get my hands on a Lil Pekker. :lol:

Interesting ... sorry had to do it  :lol:
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 12:58:29 PM »
Curt
Very nice web page and new call, you did a real nice job on those calls. Looks like a real winner.  I wonder if your little pekker call would make a good squirrel too, not just a good predator call. That looks like the same air tube they use to make squirrel calls with to make that bark sound. That call could be a great all around call for sure. By the way, what for commotion did you cause at green lantern last weekend, all those young girls were pointing and laughing at you in the parking lot when I drove by.
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »
that is a easy one ernie he showed em his lil pekker and they all laughed at him.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 09:45:47 PM »
Ernie,

I believe the squirrel bark calls use a JC Products reed.  I've never actually owned one of those squirrel calls but I have seen them.  I believe the concept is the same but I'm not using JC reeds and the lil Pekker actually uses 2 coaxer reeds so that the call makes a sound as the rubber bellows is pressed in and makes a sound as the bellows extends back out. Thus a constant busy high pitched sound.

Actually Ernie Bigben hit the nail on the head the girls in the parking lot were laughing at my lil Pekker and when they quit laughing I showed them my new woodpekker dist call. :lol:

bootmud

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
Curt
That sounds pretty neat, them busy sounds can keep a predators attention a lot of the time. Just might have to use the call so they do not see movement, like in your pocket or under your coat. How have you been using the call wile testing the sound?

PS
"lil Pekker". did the name of that call just change to woodpekker dist call?
you could get a ton of free advertizing with that first name. :shock:

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »
Ernie,

While testing, it really depends on how I'm set up as to how I used the lil Pekker.  If I'm kneeling I usually tap it on my leg or gun stock.  If I'm sitting I usually tap it on my knee or gun stock.  At night it's really insignificant because I have the light in front of me and the little bit of movement is not an issue.

The rubber bellows is only 2" long and depresses to 1" so it only requires a 1" stroke to get the full sound effect.  I have tested larger bellows that were about 3.5" long but I didn't like the sound produced.  The larger bellows was just much for the little reeds, it didn't allow for the fast beat motion of the smaller bellows.

As far as daylight hunting, I used the lil Pekker no differently other than making sure the movement was as hiddend as possible.  It's not much more movement than the motion of your hand while using a mouth call or the movement of using a friction call for the keen eyed  turkey but as with mouth blown pred calls it only requires one hand to operate.

I actually found that I was more aware of my surroundings with the lil Pekker because the sound was coming from the call at my knee or leg and I could still move my head to scan and I wasn't huffing and puffing on a mouth call.

I actually settled on the lil Pekker name a few weeks ago, which I changed from the lil Pecker due to undesired search results that may occur. :lol:  I don't want that kind of advertising. :D

I ordered lil Pekker decals to be place on each call a few weeks ago.  They were to have shipped from England yesterday, I hope to have them early next week. :D

Thanks,   bootmud

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
Man-O-Man was I reading this wrong...
I thought you guys were blow'n your lil Pekker and I didn't want anything to do with thatthere.
Then I read you tap on it on your leg (and you call this a 'little' Pekker?) or gun stock?
What the heck...I then went to the web site to see for myself bootmud's lil Pekker...Now I understand what you folks are talking about...geez I was a bit confused.
Sorta like a 'squeaker', aye bootmud??

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »
Curt
After listening to that call today I figure if a red fox hears that call and does not come in, his foot is stuck in a trap.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
Hern,

kinda, but not really like a sqeaker.  It's quite a bit louder and the dual reeds create quite a bit of commotion.

Thanks Ernie.  I appreciate that.  I enjoyed our conversation today. :D

bootmud

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »
Ok, bootmud. I'll be ordering some.
Why didn't you name it after Woody? Lil' Woody...LOL... :)

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »
Hern,  I could have done that.  Woody's always busy and making alot of commotion to. :wink:

Thanks,

bootmud

Offline bootmud

• Seasoned Forum Member
Brand New!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »
FYI - For those of you that bought a lil Pekker, the decals did not arrive yet.  I had to light a fire under the decal makers .....   Thay will be shipping very soon and I will send you a decal asap. :wink:

Thanks, bootmud