Author Topic: pulled pork bbq  (Read 4018 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
pulled pork bbq
« on: January 30, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
I made this the other weekend up at aarons camp and it seemed to go over well.  I have made it two ways the spicier southern style bbq and the sweeter northern style bbq.  really the only difference is the sauce you put in.

5-7lb chunk of pork roast.
two bottles of your favorite bbq sauce( I use stubbs or sweet baby rays depends on what I want.)
two cans of beer
2 med onions cut in big chunks.
season salt
liquid smoke

cut both onions layer bottom of crock pot with half the onions.
season chunk of pork using season salt and add appropriate amount of liquid smoke.  I normally add about a tablespoon.  then put the other half of the onions on top of the pork.  add cans of beer and cook on low for 12 hours.  you will probably have to drain the crock off a few times.  pull chunk of pork out and pull the pork apart with two forks dispose of the bone and drain off the grease out of the crock.  leave the onions in there.  put the pork back in the crock add bbq sauce stubbs is a southern spicy style bbq and the sweet baby rays is a sweet kind of sauce.  I normally add horsradish to the sweet baby rays to offset the sweetness a bit.  another good sauce I like is sticky fingers.  I like to use a sourdough roll or a potatoe roll from martins.  depending on from what part of the state you might need to sub one or the other.  a 5lb roast was gone with 11 guys eatin at it two weekends ago.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline yotebuster

• Junior Forum Member
    • http://www.critterbuster.com
pulled pork bbq
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 07:09:36 PM »
It was pretty tasteE 8)
--dave dunbar
http://www.CritterBuster.com
Predator Calls With An Attitude!