Author Topic: Flea & Tick control  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
Flea & Tick control
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:15:57 PM »
Just thought I share something I do to avoid fleas & ticks.

I keep a rubbermaid tote in the back of my truck to put my critters in. I keep an old towel in the bottom to soak up any blood. To avoid fleas & ticks I spray a flea & tick killer in the bottom of the tote (on the towel), then the critter goes in, and then spray the "top" side of the critter. If adding another later I just put in and spray the "top" of the latest arrivial. This helps to keep the F's & T's at bay while handling the fur.
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Flea & Tick control
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:51:09 PM »
Good tips Tracker.  I could have used them earlier in the season.....Tim the Tick Magnet
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

Flea & Tick control
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
When you skin your predators the skin side out area of the pelt may look like it was hit with numerous shotgun pellets.  In reality this area that would be right behind the neck and down the back will be filled with tick holes.  In some instances you may see up to 25 holes.  In other words the particular fox will have had up to 25 ticks sucking it blood out of him.

Something about how all critters have to put up with the tiny tick?