Author Topic: Life membership other suggestions  (Read 4046 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Life membership other suggestions
« on: November 16, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »
Lifemember should be established, More membership info and hunts for us guys here in western pa.  Each membership should get
subscribtion to Predator Extreme. Have some predator lessons for hunters here in the western, Pa. I can give those. The PPHA  has done a great job. BUILD THE MEMBERSHIP . We can't fight if we don't have the membership and contacts. Additional and new directors needed. The opening of groundhog hunting on sundays  (PRIVATE LAND) is a must to start. Farmers hate them, Hunters love to hunt them and Game Commission sells more license. It's a win win situation.

Offline 220_Woody

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Life membership other suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »
"Lifemember should be established" i agree...along with a 5yr, 10yr membership as well.....

"More membership info and hunts for us guys here in western pa" any suggestions? all the info anyone should need is here at this site......

"Each membership should get subscribtion to Predator Extreme" i believe the current officers are considering bringing back the PX subscription....

"Have some predator lessons for hunters here in the western, Pa. I can give those." great! contact your district officer(s) and get the ball rolling! ;)

"Additional and new directors needed" additional? i don't think additional officers is neccesary...hard enough getting the officer positions filled as it is. new officers...well we just had elections this past sept...

"The opening of groundhog hunting on sundays  (PRIVATE LAND) is a must to start" we are predator hunters....we should focus our time & efforts on predator hunting related rules and reg's...not groundhogs. we need to pick our battles and not waste energy on a reg the PGC will not likely bend on anyways.

A critic is a legless man who teaches running.
- Channing Pollock

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:42:12 PM »
Predator hunting is growing big time. You know WHY? Because hunters have time to hunt them.( Nights and sundays.) That's why i  say additional Sunday hunting  is so important to the  PGC. I did notice that you have varmint hunting on this site so it must be important to your members? Online membership would also help to increase membership.  A fund raiser would be good for the PPHA sometime in march. I started the first fund raiser for the Pa, Grouse ASSN now Ruffed Grouse Society way back when. They now pull in over $100,000 every spring at annual dinner Get more people to advertize on this site for a yearly fee. Thanks Woddy for responding. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:54:15 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:17:24 PM »
Foxpro
   When you become a member, make these suggestions to your district VP. I believe you will have 2.
    I would be very happy to discuss them with you then.
    Joe Bizub  Treasurer / Dist 1 VP
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:36:57 AM »
Thanks Joe. Second membership sent. I allready get Predator Extreme so keep the money for the club..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:18:27 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 01:03:56 PM »
I believe I got your application today.  Chris?
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »
That was fast.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 07:38:13 PM »
Another suggestion, send out membership renewal by mail and or through this site.

tom p

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 08:50:46 AM »
foxpro51---the life membership has been discussed the past 2 years so the officers have been looking into that.
western pa hunts- this past summer dist. 6 had a groundhog hunt--2 members took part in the hunt.  we will also be have our annual state wide dist. vs. dist hunt some time in jan.

predator extreme mag with membership--we are looking into it--lots of pros & cons with having a magazine with the membership.

predator hunting school---we have our 2nd annual predator expo coming up next july at foxpro in lewistown--pretty much right in the middle of the state.  seminars all day covering coyotes fox & raccoon.  plus its a big fund raiser for the ppha

reminders for memberships are being mailed out as well

from what in understand you were a member in the past--welcome back--i hope you can see some things have changed for the better--we have learned from our mistakes in the past. 
feel free to contact me with any suggestions
tom purves
ppha president

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
You guys have done a wonderful job. Perhaps now i am retired i can help a great deal. Lots of time to hunt and exchange ideas.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:06:03 AM by foxpro51 »

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 10:08:55 AM »
I have some vendors who want to advertise here. How do we get the ball moving. Call me. 412-818-9170. Once i do this hopefully, it will snow ball. Pennsylvania has a huge hunting base. We must cap on it. What is nice Pennsylvanis hunters are talking to Pennsylvania hunters.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:21:19 AM by foxpro51 »