Author Topic: The end of fox season for me  (Read 2676 times)

Offline pistonring8

The end of fox season for me
« on: February 11, 2006, 10:15:03 PM »
Well, it wasn't the best season, but it was my first. I learned alot, and need to learn alot more for next season. I bought most of the equipment that I'll need, and talked to alot of folks who know what they are doing. It gets kind of frustrating when I see pictures of local trappers displaying 30-40 fox hides, when I hunted all season for just 1, and never got him! But it will make it that much better when I finally do get him.

I got a pocket full of racoon urine (spilled masking scent) I got into alot of uncomfortable possitions, I got a hell of a scare from a sneaky chip munk. Foot fell asleep, tick in my ear and a bunch of no shows. But most of all, I got a damned good education on fox hunting. I think I'll do it again next season, hopefully with better results.

I might try for a coyote this spring / summer, but seems like such a waste because thier coats will be all thin and mangey until winter. My first fur bearers will be trophies, I'd like them to look thier best.
"If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. But it better work this time!" -Dave Mustaine

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 04:17:35 PM »
ya got a week yet... going out tonight to give'em another run...

I might try for a coyote this spring / summer, but seems like such a waste because thier coats will be all thin and mangey until winter

if they're mangey in the summer they'll be mangey in the winter too... those bugs don't die off till the host dies off...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Tracker

• Senior Forum Member
    • http://www.huntnpa.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:57:45 PM »
I think he is just talking about a thin summer coat, not "the mange".
hyp⋅o⋅crite: a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.
Synonyms: deceiver, dissembler, pretender, pharisee, phony.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 12:35:33 AM »
ok wasn't even thinking about it that way...  :D
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...