Author Topic: Suggested streams for good fly fish in PA.  (Read 3104 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Suggested streams for good fly fish in PA.
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »
Muttbuster and i need some suggestions for good fly fishing steams in pa.

uncle buck

Re: Suggested streams for good fly fish in PA.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:13:54 AM »
South Central Pa's Yellow Breeches and Letort Springs... Wow those native Brown Trout in Letort are big!!!!!!!!

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:39:42 PM »
nice section on clarks creek above harrisburg in the furnace hills...got a mile or two of your own fly fishing only...beautiful valley...there are about 5 trout streams in that stretch of mountians, one in each valley...if you boys end up fishing out east here let me know

yellow breeches is nice...penns creek up north in centre co. is a flyfishermens paradise, people travel from all over the world to fish the green drake hatch there....pine creek is always a favorite of mine in central tioga county
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:21:33 AM »
Thanks, Muttbuster health is very bad. Just trying to get a friend out of the house.

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 03:40:25 PM »
Dunbar creek is great. You can drive in and have easy access to the stream.(trout)
Loyalhanna creek up towards Ligonier. Some places have easy access.(trout)
Don't forget the Yough river. In the spring they stock trout all along the river. But if you find a honey hole for bass(which there's a bunch) you can a really have great time with a fly rod.(you name it)
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline SongDogSilencer

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Where you guys located?  If you're near blair/centre counties, here's a few:
The little Juniata River, Spring Creek, and Even a small section of Spruce called the harvey section are super great fishing. If any of these places interest you and want someone to tag along/show you some spots lemme know. I'm always down to meet some new people, especially fly fishermen. I also know some nice little brookie streams I'd rather not divulge the names/locations on the internet, but would be willing to show a fellow ppha'er, especially if getting out and on some fish would help his health/wellbeing.

Brian

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
the limestone streams in this area are known nationwide.  the letort, big spring, green spring. all have artificial fly fishing zones where they pull big ones out.  all catch and release in these areas though. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
Thanks