Author Topic: Long time, no talk gentlemen.  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
Long time, no talk gentlemen.
« on: January 15, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »
Hey everyone, just checking in so you guys know I'm still alive. :D I hope everyone is having a great season. Things are pretty slow on my end this year. Made four stands last night and had a hard charging gray come to about 100 yards and then circled around the dirt mound we were calling behind. Circled around to see where he was at and had eyes down from us which was a coon in a tree. Called a little bit and the fox appeared again out in the field and just held up around 120 yards or so. I threw everything I had at him but he didn't budge. Wishing I had the rifle along last night. >:( Anyway, that's the most action I have had since earlier in the season. Even called some new territory with no takers. I will say though I didn't do my part this summer like I should've to get more access to land. Hoping to get at least a couple new farms to hunt this upcoming year.

I don't hunt as much as I should though. Some of the reason being my new interest in the AR platform rifles and trying to learn as much as I can about it. I've always had an interest for the rifle, but not like I do now. My buddy started the monster back in the summer when he bought a Rock River Arms rifle and that thing is sweet. And now he has been teaching me the various accessories, custom work, etc. and it has becoming addicting.

Some of you may, or may not know that I started working for FOXPRO Inc. in October of 2010. Simply put, I love it. It's great to work with such a great team of people. It's almost like one big family. And we strive to keep bringing you guys the excellence in quality and customer service that the FOXPRO name is known for. It's been a great journey and I am just as excited for the future. I thank God every morning for the opportunity and the road I am on.
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Long time, no talk gentlemen.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »
Thanks for stopping in Duff.  Life will throw you curve balls all the time which will cut down your hunting opportunities.  I guess thats the way it goes.  Sounds like you really enjoy your job.  I wish you continued success in all that you do.  Hope to see you at the sportsmens show.......Tim
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
Good to talk to you Duff ;)

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:16:30 PM »
One of these days, I want to stop in there at Fox Pro and have my call updated with new sounds. Am up through there plenty of times just don't ever seem to have the time to stop.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »
Great to hear from you Duffy.  Congratulations on the job at Foxpro!

My son shoots an AR in high power rifle (CMP) competitions....a Bushmaster.  Shoots in New Holland once in a while too.

Offline Duffman

• Senior Forum Member
    • DuffMan's Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »
coyotenightmare, stop on in. The gentlemen in customer service will be glad to help ya out.

Seeking_Coyotes, I hope all is well on your end! That's pretty cool your son is into that. Is it long range shooting?
:":"DuffMan":":

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."-Thomas Paine

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 09:19:47 PM »
Yep...200, 300, and 600 when at New Holland.  He does a 100 yard course at our local club.