Author Topic: Time to use the howler  (Read 1612 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Time to use the howler
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »
A friend of mine called in 5 coyotes last night and killed three here in western Pa. All coyotes were called in with a lone howl. Guess breeding season is on.

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
Re: Time to use the howler
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »
Thats my dream hunt!!!! :o

Offline bloodhound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
3 outta 5  is awsome...

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 09:18:06 PM »
Forgot to mention all coyotes came in under 20 mintues after the lone howl.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
Neat....Foxpro51 thank you for sharing the info with everyone. One of the best electronic sounds for calling in coyotes is the Johnny Stewart Coydog Howl.. It's on the Preymaster module and even on cassettes. I'm sure it on the JS CD too.. Seems like this sound works well up in Sproul. By the way one time.. A person with the handle of Lost In Sproul on HPA told me it was excellent for calling coyotes.. Also know of one kill with it in Renovo area of the state by one of our members on here..

On electronics the Interrogation Howl works too.. Also the group Howls. Hence the reason when you want to locate coyotes you should do it with a siren not by howling.. When you howl they will come in. Two howls made on a mouth call will bring them in too...

All you need is the coyotes to be there and this is the important thing.. making sure your setting up just right for the shot...That's  where the Pa coyotes get you on your set up when they come to the call..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:23:02 AM by uncle buck »