Author Topic: Spotlights, Blinds, Etc.???  (Read 2549 times)

Offline smd189

Spotlights, Blinds, Etc.???
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:07:13 PM »
What is everyone using?  Do you use handheld or gun mount spotlights or both?  What works?  What brands? 

Are blinds legal for coyote/fox?   Do they work or do they stand out? 

What other items work? 

longhair

Re: Spotlights, Blinds, Etc.???
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »
As far as lights ~the way it was intended was to use a handheld/headlamp to spot with and the gun mounted light to shoot with. There are a bunch of each on the market. Heck, you can experiment and make your own stuff. I will say this much though, if your in it for the long haul, but the best you can afford and be done with it. Light force has handheld and gun mounted lights. Optronics is another.

Can't answer the blind question.

Other items~ A turkey feather hanging on a string. One of those sqeeky dog toy thingys. A custom hand call. A cheep hand call. A foxpro. Just when you think you got what you need, there's always something new and improved.

There's a wealth of info on this and other sites. Might want to try this one........

http://www.thepredatorhunter.com/

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:41:56 AM »
I use a nite lite for my head lamp and really like it.  after 3 years of use the batt is crappin out on me.  when it was new I could charge it and run a few nights with it.  now I charge it and I am good for a night of hunting.  blinds are leagal for coyotes but for as much as you will be on stand staying still is more important.  if you bowhunt or hunt anything pretty much the camo you allready have will suffice. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline smd189

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »
Thanks.

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:36:59 PM »

longhair

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 07:53:07 PM »
Nice tape job. ;D I'll bet there's a story that goes with that.  :P

Offline smd189

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
That's actually the one I'm looking at.  I will probably put it on a shotgun though.  Thanks for the pic. 

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 10:48:01 AM »
The tape on the light is a must. It keeps light from comming back into your face. It also keeps red lens from falling off.

Offline smd189

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
Longhair:

I took your advice and just ordered the Light Force 170.  I plan to mount it to my shotgun. 

longhair

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 09:12:53 PM »
Cool!!!! Good luck. ;) ;D