Author Topic: hunting boots  (Read 2733 times)

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
hunting boots
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
Looking for a new pair of lightweight and waterproof boots.I have a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburly that I really liked for comfort but the soles are falling off.I quess I do to much walking.Any suggestions?

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: hunting boots
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:52:18 AM »
I believe it's Wolverine that makes the "King Caribou" boots, light weight, waterproof, and just comfy to my feet. They come in camo so your feet can hide while the rest of you is exposed!! 8)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:59:43 AM »
Muck Woody Max.  Muck boots are the best hands down.  Very light and comfortable.  Not cheap though.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »
I gotta agree I like my woody max mucks.  I picked mine up at a feed store that was a dealer for them and they were considerable cheaper then cabelas/basspro.  I think 95 bux three years ago If I remember correctly.  I didn't think I would like not having a lace up boot but they are comfortable in weather below 60deg for me.  get yourself a pair of boot dryers.  it stinks getting up the next morning and pulling on damp cold boots because the perspiration didn't dry out. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline foxtrot

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
I agree a boot dryer is a great investment.

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »
Love ,my muck boots.

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33:15 AM »
The wolverine8" Antelope hunting boots are what I have. Gore-tex and scent lok with very good traction. Light weight and non insulated. Good ankle support.

BTW~ the customer review is mine that's in the cabelas magazines for this boot. ;D
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »
I have Rocky Pronghorns I think...either way they're Rocky's...paid about 140 bucks for'm, and they're the best boot i've ever worn, support, warmth, comfort. Comfort alone makes these boots the top of my list...
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
Stay away from the Boggs. I like the neoprene over the rubber style but the  tread that just reads boggs across the bottom is not enough for this saturated ground.
FayetteNam

Claybird

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
muck for me

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 06:10:02 PM »
muck boots i love mine

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU