Author Topic: The Coyote Light  (Read 8059 times)

uncle buck

The Coyote Light
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
I picked up my  "The Coyote Light" today.  I met Cliff...ABolt a member on here,  nice to talk to him a bit..

I can tell....wow if your a shotgunnner... This light opens up the widest beam. You will not even have to turn the bill of your head light to shoot down the barrel...

It does have three settings on it two for brightness and one the light blinks which could be good for safety concerns. You could signal someone down or up of your position with the blinking light too.. Just say you just want them to know it's time to quit or maybe that you see a predator way off coming to the call etc etc etc..

I do like how lite it is too.. No big batteries, belt, and suspenders to contend with..

I know I'm going to like this light a lot.. Probably make an excellent light when fishing from a boat on the river too...

Riflemen can use it like E. Wilson highlighted on his web site.. Use the head light for scanning and when it's times to shoot use the 250 Red Kill Light to kill....Truly starting to use the rifle more at night then the shotgun...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:55:01 PM by uncle buck »

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
Re: The Coyote Light
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »
Link?? Pics??? Price??? Anything??? I'm a shotgun lover so this is awesome news.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
Unclebuck
Went it gets dark to night, test that light and you will not want to come in, you will want to go play.
With that light mounted and set just above your eyes like the old hat lights you will see animals eyes extremely far. You will have to leave were you live and go to a fields just to see how far you can see. I hope it does not rain before you get to test it.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
It's  starting to rain now... I do have the batteries charging.  Nice too!!!!!! This charger you can charge your batteries in the car and in the house...Good price on extra batteries too if you desire more of those...

Here is the link from Ernie web site that explains the light... The person selling the light his web site is not yet on line yet.

http://www.ewcalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16:proper-gun-light-use-for-predator-hunting&catid=10:shooting-a-light-accessories&Itemid=12
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:18:15 PM by uncle buck »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
Would you use as a scanning light or shooting light? 
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
Would you use as a scanning light or shooting light?  

Both scanning and shooting when using the shotgun...Remember I use many different types of illumination behind the bead of the shotgun too..just something so I know where to point the bead of the shotgun.. Once the predator comes into shotgun range you just point the illuminated bead at the predator and fire..The coyote light will light up the eyes. Actually the entire predator..

I would use it as my scanning light when using the rifle... When using the rifle I would shut off the the Coyote Light when eyes appeared then let the illumination of the Kill light on the rifle take over. It blocks the predator from seeing you.   As the predator got into range I would shoot the predator with the 250 Kill Light attached to the rifle..

When using a broom handle or a dowel rod with a light attached. You almost need a third hand.. See you have the shotgun, the light on a dowel rod, and then your mouth call or your remote.. While the remote attached to a lanyard on your neck is not too bad with a hand held light.. Having a mouth call in your without a lanyard could also make you miss a fast incoming predator.. Some mouth calls are either too big or too small to have around your neck so hence you end up just keeping it in your pocket.. 
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:57:21 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:00:37 PM »
LOL I had to check on water levels outside last night...Yep used the Coyote Light...It gave me a reason to try it out too.. Why take a plain ole flash light...

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
UB I was told that this light on low is compared to a 100 kill light and on high a 250 kill light? Is this pretty much true?

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
I'm going to use it tonight for hunting coyotes... I will have to get back to you... This will be the first time I used the Coyote Light for hunting purposes..I don't own the 100 Kill Light.  Tonight I will have both the 250 and the CL and will be able to compare distances in the field... What I do like about the Coyote light you can open the beam real wide. The Kill Light can't do that.....Um maybe an 12 feet across red circle. Will be excellent for the shotgunner.. Some places this evening I will be using the shotgun. Other places I will be using the CL as the scanner and the gun with have the 250 Red Kill Light on for shooting..

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 02:40:14 PM »
I did some coyote hunting with the Coyote Light... It works great when your using it as your shotgun shooting light.. You can open it real wide  and it illuminates the entire target area..  I would say that it is not as bright as the Red 250 kill Light but close.. Good thing is that you can adjust the beam on the Coyote Light from the size of the 250 Kill Lights fixed position all the way to the wide open beam..  The only thing I didn't like and it was very minor.. The Coyote Light moved from the fixed position to the dropped position when I walked.  The screw on the swivel area of the light just needed tightening.. There is a screw and a nut there to do this so I did that as soon as I got home and now it doesn't move as easy.  However it still can be adjusted with your hand should you want the beam up and or down.  Actually this is not a problem since you can adjust the play in the light swivel any way you desire just by loosening or tightening the screw..

Also with the rifle your best bet is this combination... The coyote Light for the scanning light on your head... The Red 250 Kill Light affixed to your gun or scope for your shooting light .. And a good standing shooting TRIPOD as your rifle rest...    
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:48:20 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 06:32:51 PM »
do we have pics ,prices, where to purchase etc??? im interested, need info, sounds like i gotta have one,  thanks
district #1

uncle buck

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 10:32:16 PM »
do we have pics ,prices, where to purchase etc??? I'm interested, need info, sounds like i gotta have one,  thanks

I guess for now....this is the only place too see the light, see the spec etc..Point of contact info is there to as a courtesy from person owning the site: 

http://www.ewcalls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16:proper-gun-light-use-for-predator-hunting&catid=10:shooting-a-light-accessories&Itemid=12