Author Topic: Got my red Kill Light today!!!  (Read 4266 times)

uncle buck

Got my red Kill Light today!!!
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »
Oh My!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Got my red Kill Light today!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 06:09:25 AM »
UB, which light/model did you get?

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:55 AM »
Uncle buck
O-yea baby, your ready now! Did you thank your wife. LOL
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »
Buckwheat I sure did thank her...She sure is real nice to me...

Hern I got the red 250........Figure.....Shooting light that you can see way out there... Battery charger,  two batteries, and two light holders..One for a rifle and one for a shotgun....and a pressure switch, and of course the push button cap if you don't want to use your pressure switch..  You just can't beat it...Like that you can use their longer battery and or two each of the 123's.  Neat that even if you get two of their longer battery it only takes one to operate the light...The other battery is your reserve battery..Me..I also purchased two more batteries so If I wanted to I could leave the light on all night on my rifle... Have not decided if I'm going to do that or not...Since I stay on stand for sometimes 45 min -1.00 hour for coyotes and of course bobcat...Literature that comes with the light says that the red last for 1 1/2 hours..So it sure is not a scanning light...It's a shooting light that's for sure...
Did also catch on the paperwork that came with the light not to use rechargeable 123 batteries..That can damage the light..So when your using the 123 batteries,  2 each you need to use regular batteries not rechargeable ones..
Also...Like Buckwheat and I discussed recently at lunch...You just can't beat the lightness of this light... No reason to be carrying all of those large batteries on your hip or in with you to your stand...Cripes....A man could end up having to get a Hernia operation!!!!!!!Again!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:55:54 PM by uncle buck »

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
Can you give a link to the site that it was ordered from?
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »
Here is where I purchased it:  http://www.elusivewildlife.com/products.htm?section=22&p=productsList&category=6 I got it in two days and I did not have to pay any state tax on it...Notice there are different types.. make sure you get the 250 model..I got the red one but there are other colors too.. 

Now I heard you can get it from a Pa vendor too.. But I could not find the light on his web site...

Offline HHADOC

• PPHA Members
    • Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers Assoc
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 08:21:26 PM »
Here is Elusive Wildlife"s dealer page.

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/dealers.htm

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
Here is Elusive Wildlife"s dealer page.

http://www.elusivewildlife.com/dealers.htm

you guys sale them at Harrisburg Hunters & Anglers Association?  If thats the case that neat!!!!

Offline HHADOC

• PPHA Members
    • Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers Assoc
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
Yes we do.

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
I got to activate the Kill Light last night under actual hunting conditions... I am real impressed...I did run into a problem with the light mounts working on my Muller Scope.. I used the Rigged light holder to mount it on top of the scope.. Predators were moving but not when I was set up.. I got busted twice.. Both red fox were near the vehicle where I hunted... One I called back with a lip squeal but just did not come the extra few yards I needed.. This would have been in a non-rifle situation and it strictly a shotgun only farm..  The other as I walked in I spooked it. Not more then 20 yards from the car...The red barked at me for a good 5 minutes...All attempts to lure him in or back failed. I also got some coyotes howling in the distances when I went into the coyote calling scenario that I used.. However non showed that I could see their eyes..

Wow that XLR 250 Kill Light sure can light up things well out to 300 yards... Never had a red light illuminate things in the distance like this KILL LIGHT.  I am real impressed!!!!! 

Offline ZDF

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 12:13:33 PM »
Nice just ordered mine last nigh from boondock. Hope its here this weekend!

Offline ZDF

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »
Got my XLR250 yesterday. The shipping was incredibly fast from http://www.boondock-outdoors.com. I ordered it wed. night and it got here Friday morning. Didnt get to use it in the woods yet as Im waiting for my scope to get here (hopefully sometime next week) but I did try it out real fast in the yard, thing is crazy bright!