Author Topic: Bounty on house cats and fox  (Read 1743 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Bounty on house cats and fox
« on: July 26, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
I happen to have ALL copies of the Pennsylvania Game News publications since day one. I noticed they once had a bounty on house cats and fox . Futhermore they only killed less than 100 deer in this state at one time.Interesting

Offline MCWALK

• Rural Retreat Va.
Re: Bounty on house cats and fox
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 06:01:02 PM »
What year was that Earl? That is interesting!!! My grandpa killed a buck here years ago that had a metal tag around one of the antlers that said North Dakota....They were stocking deer here back in those days from other states....
M.Chad Walk
www.walkpredatorcalls.com
mcwalk@walkpredatorcalls.com

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 06:24:50 PM »
at the turn of the 20th century the deer population in the United States was almost wiped out from over hunting.  That is why the the different wild conservation organization (PGC) and others were started to help preserve the wild life in this country.  In addition Rosevelt dedicated YellowStone for the exact purpose.
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

BP

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 09:00:10 PM »
at the turn of the 20th century the deer population in the United States was almost wiped out from over hunting. 
The deer population was low, but not "almost wiped out" and it didn't have anything to do with over-hunting, every acre was timbered and habitat was destroyed.  Never in the history of this commonwealth have we killed a higher percentage of the deer population than the present.