Author Topic: Fox Pro  (Read 4424 times)

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Fox Pro
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
I have been woundering if it was possible to change/ upgrade remotes?I have some of the old fx3 s with the old square push button remote,I would like to switch them over to the new remotes.Its a pain in the rear trying to remember what sound is what in the dark. ;D
Skin that one pilgrim and I'll fetch ya another!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Fox Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
I asked the same question to FoxPro and they told me NO.  I have a Wildfire II and wanted to upgrad the remot to one that I could see better at night with a larger display, and they told me the remotes were not interchangeable.

However,  I did learn the hard way that if you have two calls that use the same remote style, either remote will play the call.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
Mister jake,I was afraid of that,well maybe time to sale the fx3s an look into the shock waves.Thanks 100x.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:49:57 PM by Predator100x »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »
I love the remote of the shockwave,    but I'm not impressed with all higher the volume goes.  I thot with the dual speakers it would be extremely loud....but its not.
Jake
York, PA

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
Jake,were did you get your shock wave?Id like to try an get on before cat season.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »
100x, am thinking of purchasing a ShockWave, too.
I emailed FoxPro and ask a few questions about what I was looking for. They suggested the ShockWave.
I ask 'em if I could purchase the unit at their place in Lewistown. They said, 'Yes', I can stop in and purchase a unit.
Am planning to do this after fur season.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:19 AM »
Mj23 says-
...I'm not impressed with all higher the volume goes.  I thot with the dual speakers it would be extremely loud....but its not.

I would think this unit would knock your hat off! SHOCKWAVE, for crying out loud.
Have you ask FoxPro about your volume problem? Maybe something wrong.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 06:25:56 AM »
Hern,

The remote control goes up to a # 40, but with certain sounds when its the whole way up, the clarity starts to breakdown and it becomes "static" like.   But even with it up,  its not a whole lot louder than my wildfire II.   Lets just say I can sit beside it and it doesn't hurt my ears when its turn the whole way up.
Jake
York, PA

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 06:44:47 AM »
I can't believe this! I just had a correspondence with Goose, where I was bemoaning the volume level on my FoxPro...I just bought the Wildfire unit last year and was kicking myself for not going to a better unit. I just wondered to him if they all might be like that...I guess I have my answer...They are trying to get the best of all worlds light weight,good sound quality,battery life..so volume is tamed a bit to help batteries and not overdrive speakers which are limited by portability....batteries are biggest problem I would guess....JMO

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
The HellFire is a pretty loud unit and is light and with a shoulder strap you hardly even realize it's hanging there all night.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 08:49:07 AM »

Hern asks,
I would think this unit would knock your hat off! SHOCKWAVE, for crying out loud.
Have you ask FoxPro about your volume problem? Maybe something wrong.

JAKE,If you do call an check on this let me know,I was getting ready to order one,I'm gonna hold off a little bit.       

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
I purchased my SHowwcwave direct from FoxPro.  They were great in setting it up for me and everything.  It is actually much smaller than I had expected by looking at the pictures.  I really like the two directional speakers.  It can do a lot of things that I'll probably never use.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it an 8,  simply because of the volume not being able to "Blast" like I had expected it to.  The best thing about the call is the user friendly remote.  It's big and bright enough that I don't need to carry my glasses with me in the field to operate it.

Its a great call for fox....but I would like more volume out of it when Coyote Hunting for those howels and challenge barks.

Rick has one also,  perhaps he can give another opinion.
Jake
York, PA

Offline coyotejohn

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
100x, am thinking of purchasing a ShockWave, too.
I emailed FoxPro and ask a few questions about what I was looking for. They suggested the ShockWave.
I ask 'em if I could purchase the unit at their place in Lewistown. They said, 'Yes', I can stop in and purchase a unit.
Am planning to do this after fur season.

Hern - You may also want to look at their new CS24C.  "Almost" the same as the Shockwave but easier to carry.  I had the Shockwave and am in the process of getting rid of it.  Had I known you were interested in one I would have given you a super deal on mine.  Don't want to give you the impression that I don't like the Shockwave, just don't need all the bells and whistles that come with it.  I would rate it a 10 but the terrain is a bit different out here than back east.  I have had it bring in coyotes from very long distances.

Tell that Jarhead I said hello and we are thinking about him.

John
“Fate whispers to the warrior, ‘You cannot withstand the storm.’ And the warrior whispers back, ‘I am the storm’.’”

Offline nortpete

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
    • French Creek Calls and Taxidermy
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 03:48:26 PM »
I have a shockwave also. Have have not seen an issue with the volume. It has more than enough for where I hunt.
Nick
Crawford County
French Creek Calls & Taxidermy
www.frenchcreekcalls.com