Author Topic: Hey Uncle Buck...  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Hey Uncle Buck...
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
I know you pick 'wild mushrooms' but...
I thought maybe you would have posted this....

IT'S MUSHROOM MONTH IN PENNSYLVANIA.
Gov. Rendell proclaimed September as 'Mushroom Month'.
September pays tribute to Pa. as leading the nation in the mushroom industry.
Pa. can take pride in knowing its innovative mushroom growers have propelled our state's industry to lead the nation in production. A Pa. industry that contributes more than $486 million to the state's economy.
Pa. produces nearly 525 million pounds of mushrooms each year with the majority grown in Chester County (mushroom capital of the world). Mushroom farms are also found in Lancaster, Berks, Delaware, Clearfield and Armstrong counties.
State grower supply 65% of the nation's agaricus mushrooms (button variety) that accounts for most of the nation's sales.
Many Pa. growers are multi-generational families who have adopted or invented modern technologies to make the labor intensive growing process more efficient.

uncle buck

Re: Hey Uncle Buck...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »
That it is Hern...There is also a Festival in Kenneth Square in September..I think it was however this past week-end???

http://mushroomfestival.org/

You know your getting in Mushroom country (it's In the Air) when you start driving down the Road in Gap, Lancaster County  Pa to Kenneth Square Bucks County, Pa just off Route 1. WELL SMELL ME!!!!!

then there is that famous mushroom joke we have all heard 999 times..."I Feel Like A Mushroom!"!  "My Boss Keeps Me In The Dark And Feeds Me S _ _ T!" Ain't That True In Every Job Across This Here Commonwealth???????
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:45:55 PM by uncle buck »