Author Topic: Drive By Concert  (Read 1465 times)

Offline xusnordy45

• Junior Forum Member
Drive By Concert
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »
Holy Cow....buddy and me went out this morning for the opener. We had it all plotted out for each stand, hoping to get in 5 depending on wind. First stand we get the caller softly cranking one second after midnight....hello opening day!....let it roll its wounded little bird antics as we scanned anxiously. We let it rest and kept scanning... rifles ready. Then it came.....earth shattering ear busting static drowned coyote howls....so loud they could be heard from NYC to VA Beach.....that lasted about 2 minutes.....then silence.....our ears, and I'm sure every living creature around were ringing....then we heard the door slams, the engine crank up, and the vehicle speed off down the gravel road across the field. We did not pass them coming in so they must have come in lights off.

We were victim to a "Drive By" heavy metal concert like calling of some sort. It was ridiculous how loud they were both calling and leaving......so much for opening day. Buddy and I thought about answering with some yote responses.....but figured whoever they were may  start sending rounds our way blindly....I swear if it were not yote calls they were using I would have thought it was PETA or ASPCA trying to ruin our hunt.....SHEESH!
Dan
Fairfield PA

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Drive By Concert
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »
     The worst part about it is this....They probably thought they were expert callers doing everything right! LOL
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!