Author Topic: need some advice  (Read 1574 times)

Offline yote204

need some advice
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:40 PM »
me and yotestalker are going hunting tonight behind my house, and there is a grey fox den right on the side of this gas line we can set up , what is the best set up for calling a fox right out of the den, they have been hitting my bait pile on the top side of yard like crazy, we will let ya know how it goes, but any advice you guys can give us, thanks

uncle buck

Re: need some advice
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »
Gray  Fox  cold temps down in the single digit when you posted this... I'd set up at sun up and use the gray fox pup.  Grays are candy butt's in my neck of the woods.. When the temps drop they come out in the daytime.. As far as the set up goes... They are either going to come or not... If they are coming they will come to your call.. You don't have to go after them...The call is a tool and they will come to you...If you have crusty snow the compounds it... Maybe with the warm temps coming in now you can try at night... I'd try right after dark with the JS Gray Fox Pup or equal...I'd set up where it legal... Now if you have peppered them with the Gray Fox pup... Use other sounds on your electronics that have the gray fox in them.. Gray and rabbit.. Gray and Red combo, Gray Fox Special. 

Offline yote204

Re: need some advice
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:28:58 PM »
ok thanks.. ya the snow was really crusty and load, i think they heard us coming