Author Topic: any ideas?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
any ideas?
« on: December 16, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
looking to make drag for coyotes and fox there any ideas on dimensions and possibly any pictures?

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:45 PM »
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 01:46:14 PM »
Thanks!!!

Offline yote204

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:29:13 AM »
you dont need one, just trow it over your back

Offline ColonelAngus

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »
I made one similer to kcc's. I used chain links in the absence of smooth metal rings or large enough washers, and tied a somewhat short chord to the handle to hang for skinning. I hook the loop to a tie down strap (the friction kind you just pull on to tighten) hung from a rafter. As I work down the animal skinning I pull on the tie down to raise the work area where I need it. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this but it made it a lot easier to skin out a yote for me.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
you dont need one, just trow it over your back

Your back will be a mess and when you get back in your truck so will your truck seat.

Get a rope 6 feet long, tie a loop in each end of the rope and a loop in the middle for your hand. Loop one of the loops around both front feet of the critter and the blood and urine will some what drain out when you drag with the front being dragged.  You can drag one or two out at a time if necessary from each loop on the end of the rope.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 07:21:11 AM »
i dont shoot enough coyotes to worry about a drag lol i do the same thing buckwheat mentioned i use my deer drag rope.....then again i dont shoot enough deer to use that neither!

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 08:04:07 AM »
I just use a dog choker chain and a 6' leather leash
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
I made the handle out of aluminum on the lathe i think i am gonna make the rope longer to keep it from making me a mess. and i don't shoot enough coyotes to even need a drag but maybe this will be my good luck charm

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 10:57:16 PM »
They do make a commercial carrier too..I have one that's orange that is designated as a turkey carrier...A lot of my hunting equipment is purchased on clearance.. I knew that I could carry out a fox with it just the way it was made... A coyote? yep I think it would work for a coyote too....Hunter Specialties and Primos have one.. I think there was a post on here about this subject just recently...