Author Topic: Points for hunts.  (Read 3309 times)

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Points for hunts.
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »
to promote new memberships into PPHA, has anyone ever thought about adding points to a hunt, like 3 points if you bring a new person and they sign up for a new membership and 3 points for the new person for their first hunt.   just a thought.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Points for hunts.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »
all I can say is anything points related is a can of worms waiting to be opened.  we did that a few times and the "competitive ones" said we are here to hunt not chit chat.  the ones that want to hunt with others were all for it.  if you bring a new member along with ya I know he won't be dissapointed.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
points for hunts
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
Ben,

I debated on putting that up because of the recent posts and i certainly did not want to open that can of worms.    just something that we do in a sport that my son participates in to gain members and it works for us.  

If you think the post is going to cause problems, please delete it.  

Thanks
Scott

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Points for hunts.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »
nope we will leave it up.  once a points commitee comes up with something then it would be a moot point.  until then we can give them a idea of what the club is looking for.  I think it is a great idea to have scott
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline keystoneman 85

• Seasoned Forum Member
Points for hunts.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
I like that idea as well.  And 3 points isn't over the top.  Nice post Scott.
Sore Lip 'Em All -- Catch & Release