Author Topic: bass pro  (Read 2070 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
bass pro
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:35:47 AM »
I stopped in at bass pro yesterday and can honestly say they seem to be getting worse.  almost reminds me of walmart.  big store should have what ya need.  yeah right I stopped in looking for some black hills ammo which my gun likes.  I was greated with nothing but name brand remington/whinchester/federal.  walked out almost empty handed.  they had thermacells cheap.  its ridiculous though they used to have 4 aisles full of ammo.  not now.  might as well order what I need that way I know I will get it.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: bass pro
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »
I know what you mean Ben.  I have been looking for ammo myself.  Gander is no better.  Bass Pro use to be the place to buy ammo.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:48:38 AM »
not many good stores around for ammo thats for sure
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:38:27 PM »
I worked at Basspro and I know what you mean..

I have found out it's best to just order your things right from vendors on the web...If you have to pay a hazardous material shipment fee.  I learned to buy all the powders and primers that I need and only pay the one hazardous material fee.

Just today I got Fehoci 1000 shotgun primers, Aliant  "Steel" and "Longshot" reloading powder. T Buckshot and B buckshot and all kinds of 12 gauge and 20 gauge wads used in buckshot loads.   I never can find this stuff on the shelf around here.