Author Topic: productive areas of Pa.  (Read 8112 times)

Offline DaveD4

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: productive areas of Pa.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
Biologist all agree that with yotes, the more pressure we put on them, the larger the litters.  This makes for a sustained area that produces consistently year over year.  And I mean produces does not mean that you can just walk in and call them to your car door LOL

I had a link from a biologist who is studying them in RI, that shows a harvest in one section of the study, that hunters took over 30 of them, and they reproduced twice as much as the other control area.  This is why yotes are so successful and their numbers fluctuate.  I lost the link, but had watched it for quite a while, although you can google many more, it's the same outcome.

I live in the south central part of PA, in greencastle, and know a couple of guys that have killed a few around the farms here.  There is better turkey hunting here than yotes.  If your in D4 and want to clue me in, I am all ears.  Being a transplant, I don't have the local connections to get permission to hunt on private land, which seems to be the norm.  The WMA's around here are loaded with hunters during the season.  I have my guns ready to go for the fall hunt, and if anyone is around my area, I would be glad to get something going!

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 02:05:42 PM »
I have notice because of all the new predators hunters in my area that as soon as I turn on the electronics the fox go to a high spot and start barking at me...  So all those new callers are educating the fox.  I kind of like that in a sense because then I have to really start to think of ways to outsmart those now educated critters...
I wish that when guys would first get their new electronic callers that they would not take them out time after time after time before the season and see what they can call in with them... I know it tough.. You want to see if it works... It works but your just educating them. 

uncle buck

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
Coyotes...after the deer season ends....Be it public lands or private lands...if you find the whitetail deer core areas in January and February....your going to find coyotes...

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »
Tell me all your hunting spots and I will stop educating them. ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
LOL Ya I can tell that they are call shy by someone using a Scorpion!

Offline my7pointmonster

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
  • Doubled Up
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »
I think being happy while doing it is all that matters.

Ryan.
District 4

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:31 AM »
Oh, thats not me because I use a Scorpion and mouth calls. ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 03:20:22 PM »
Truly what you have to do to outsmart them is go to mouth calls and make sure you set up to compensate for the difference in shots.. Go from the shotgun to the rifle..

I heard the PGC outlawed all electronic game calling in our area of the state!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:21:53 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 07:26:56 PM »
That would eliminate all but you and I.  That would be a dream come true even though I don't want that to happen.

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 06:25:18 AM »
Lol
Unclebuck, you know when these guys get good at killing you will not have to worry about them setting on a hill and barking at you. You will just start to think the critters must just not be there that year, when in fact they are just dead. : >)
Ps I never carry a shot gun.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Claybird

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:26 PM »
renny makes most sense. some places have critters and some dont. i dont no nobody that drives 170miles to shoot coyote.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »
I know plenty of guys who do just that.  A lot of them are members here also.

Claybird

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 11:35:25 PM »
i here coyotes are all over the place why drive

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:34 AM »
We don't all live in coyote good coyote country.

Claybird

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
be glad for that.  coyots are knokking down the deer here.it is pretty simple easy to kill a coyot here.